Motivation To Meet Your Goals and Rewards for Accomplishing Them

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Geyser, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Geyser

Geyser Fapstronaut

Greetings fellow Fapstronauts.

I have an issue that has been weighing on me as of late and am looking for input.

What motivations do you use to help you reach your goals, NoFap related or not? Then how do you reward yourself for meeting said goals?

Those questions being put out there I have a reward in mind that is spurring me on to meet my health and wellness goals. Problem being is the reward itself is sexually explicit in nature and I'm afraid could lead to PMO. Ideally this reward is intended for use in a loving relationship, but could easily be perverted into darkness.

I should probably mention that I have recently come to believe this reward to be an item on my bucket list and would be regretted if it never got to be fulfilled at least once.

If you need more details to comment check out reply #10 on my journal, dated February 20th. The link is in my signature below.

Thanks for all your input and advice. And as always, all comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated,

Geyser

2. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

I don't reward myself...
    I punish my self instead if I fail.
    Don't worry, I am not physically hurting myself.

Anyway, I will be watching this thread.
    I also want to reward myself, I just lack ideas.

3. onebookperweek

onebookperweek Fapstronaut

Hi.

A few things have helped me to have more motivation than I ever thought possible.

... ...

Turning my room into a "lair of inexhaustible progress". This is something, along with a host of other things, that I actually consult on, but essentially it consists of getting rid of a TV (if present); buying a bookshelf (unless you already have one); and, once per week, ordering at least one non-fiction book on a subject which interests you.

For example, if you search the word "Addiction" in Amazon.com's Books department, there are about 40,000 results.

4. Porkins

Porkins Guest

I neither punish nor reward myself, which is probably why I'm here. Well let me rephrase. I neither punish nor reward myself in a healthy way.

Maybe I'll have a snickers after 5 days PMO free.