1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mercy

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. ConstantineX

ConstantineX New Fapstronaut

Hello fellow Catholics,

It greatly pleases me to find this Catholic support group.

This addiction has been something that has plagued me since age 12 or 13. At the time I did not truly know what I was getting into but something that has persisted up till now at age 21. Since beginning I have tried often to stop, with only momentary successes. Recently my temptations have compounded and I have slept with a number of women over the past few years. I suppose it doesn't help that I'm going to college with so many liberal minded people.

I ask God often for help and forgiveness in my life and do not wish to remain in such a forsaken state. I hold myself accountable for my actions and have decided to come here for help. I want to develop a stronger relationship with God unclouded by these torments.

I'm a premedical student and I know God has been there for me since I have made my vocational choice. He has helped me get where I am, and has also shown me the consequences of my sin. I cannot expect to revive his promises if I will not live the life he asked of me. I wish to live what God has specified and live a pious life by doing so.

As I have seen peoples prayer is quite powerful. I know when my mother prays for something it is very likely her request will be granted. She knows some of what I am struggling with through various embarrassing discoveries when I was younger, and observations of me withholding from communion often. Due to the nature of this problem I have asked none for any prayer, and feel a bit alone in consolations and assistance. Please brothers and sisters pray on my behalf, and guide me that I defeat this lustful disease forever.

God bless you,

In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit.