1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting women

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mankrik, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Just some general thoughts I would like to discuss if anyone has had similar experience. I am single and would like to find a girl to spend some time with and get to know. I am not afraid to talk to girls and am reasonably attractive and charismatic. I go to a big school I try my best to meet girls. On my current nofap streak I have been doing this a lot more. A problem I run into is that the conversations are casual and never go beyond the classroom. It just feels weird asking someone out that I dont really know and I never see the same people on a regular basis. Everyone is usually engaged in class or is on their phone and it's hard to start a conversation.

My current plan is just to start talking to as many people as I can and do cold approach. The opener I'm thinking about using is: "Hi, I haven't met you yet" and then going from there. Is there any advice anyone has for talking to girls that you are meeting for the first time in an unromantic environment? I'm tired of being alone and just want to meet some girls. I'm not afraid of rejection and feel confident about this, just looking for some helpful hints or motivation.

As a side not my parents are going out of town next month and I thought it would be really nice to have someone over and cook for them. I would really like some company and someone to snuggle and watch movies with even if we keep our pants on. Is this a healthy goal?

IronDog and Sherminator like this.
  2. wanting a relationship is a healthy goal ,
    approaching someone you don't know and asking them out is a little werid even if you have done it a lot go I recommend going up to them and asking them "what classes are they taking what do you think of the proffeser teach etc" just to get the conversation started as you talk more and if there interested they will talk more, toward some point say this" hey I got to run give me your number " if she is interested she will give you her number and probly ask for yours don't overthink the whole thing and don't overthink it if they don't give you there number just move on to next one

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2018
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

What do you do outside of school?

Are you part of any school clubs?

What interests do you have?

What kind of person do you want to meet and where would they go? Go to those places regularly.

Cold approach is very intrusive. Sure, you can get very skilled at it and get dates from it, but you're a stranger taking a risk on a stranger who has to think about taking a risk on you within a span of 2-10 minutes of interacting. It's not really the best way to meet someone for both parties involved.

IronDog and Mankrik like this.
  4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I don't really have much of a life; it's kind of a catch 22. I don't have any friends or people I talk to that are my own age aside from a gf. Literally none. Im not in any clubs. I don't go anywhere except my room and school. Im interested in lots of things: reading, writing, politics, cinema, music, etc. I don't know what kind of person I want to meet; I have been interested in very different girls in the past. Attraction for me is like a switch that's on or off and there isn't really a set criteria. Generally speaking I would like someone who cares about school and is responsible and committed to establishing themself professionally and is kind/ open minded. I think someone like that would be best for me and that's how I'm trying to live. But idk sometimes that doesn't feel like who I really am and I just want to relax and not worry about academics or career prospects. It's complicated. I want someone that takes life seriously and has goals and passions, but takes things in moderation and doesn't forget to stop and smell the roses. I don't know where I should go to meet people. I feel like cold approach is less intrusive if we're in the same class.

IronDog likes this.
  5. MissionImpossible24

MissionImpossible24 Fapstronaut

I can relate to your situation as I am in a similar one. The cold approach is very difficult as from experience the convo never seems to go past the classroom. You say that you do not have any friends so i would advise you to join a club or recreational activity. From there you will meet people like you and meet women that more so fit you criteria of things you want her to be non physically. If you want to talk just message me.

Mankrik likes this.