1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditative Technique for Rebooting

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by señor, Feb 21, 2017.

1. señor

señor Guest

okay, a few days ago I stumbled over this breathing method of meditation, and so far has made a big difference in my reboot. I've been meditating for quite some time now, although this form seems to have different, more tangible applications.

for those of you who are unfamiliar with Wim Hof, he's this dutch adventurer who's challenged a lot of the perception we have about the human body and its limitations. through the use of this breathing technique, he's been able to withstand very copious amounts of cold and has broken quite a few records doing so. he also says that anyone can challenge these limitations themselves with the use of this technique, a claim that so far has been backed up by the studies he's participated in.

what I found most intriguing about the method is that it involves both breathing and -- you guessed it -- cold exposure, something nofappers have been doing for years.

(skip to 14:00 to learn how to practice this method yourself)

so what do you guys make of this? have you ever heard of this guy? I'm curious if anyone else has tried this, it might be a game changer for people like us. but who knows man

vibemaker likes this.