Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jul 5, 2016.

1. After years of hearing about it and how beneficial it is, I started meditation yesterday. I downloaded an app called HeadSpace which has recorded guided meditations. The guy who created it was a Buddhist monk for 10 yrs and has a very relaxing British voice. It's real easy. So far so good, but I'm just getting started. I want to travel the subconscious cosmos and all its wonders without using hallucinogens, but for now I'll just focus on my breathing and de-stressing a little. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you can.

2. jfromcr

jfromcr Fapstronaut

Hey @Iscarpia87,

Yeah, I like that guy. Getting present will help you fight. After you get some practice with it, try to do the ten count a couple of times during the day. It is not really a one-and-done thing, you have to be checking in throughout the day with it.

3. @jfromcr I had the day off from work, so I've done it twice today and will do it again before I go to bed. Just slowly learning now, but I like the "mindfulness" philosophy behind it and applying that in daily life. I also like that it has quick "meltdown" meditations, cause that happens to me like once a month or so, haha, but not haha. Works in progress. I'm not doing it just for PMO related things, that's just one of many things I need to fix with myself.

I see your NoFap anniversary was yesterday, congratulations! That's quite an impressive feat!

4. JustADude

JustADude Fapstronaut

I'll have to try that out, thanks!