1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation for sexual urges?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by A_glass1900, Dec 18, 2022.

1. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

Can anyone share me some types of mediation and techinques for when dealing with high sexual energy? (Urging to release it by MO) Thanks

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  2. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

And meditation tips too

3. SanketVaria29

SanketVaria29 Fapstronaut

I don't think there is any different technique other than mindfulness meditation. I personally struggle regardless.

4. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

I guess mindfulness is the only effective type of meditation to do. I’m probably not doing it consistently

5. It is possible but it’s not what you think. Check out damo Mitchell or Adam Mizner for great meditation courses.

The way I do it is just sitting, watching the breath until the mind calms and become “heavy”, then it will feel like the mind is sinking into the body. You want to just sit and be okay with what comes up, acknowledge it and do nothing and they will pass. over time, you’ll notice more headspace and less urges, as well as it being easier to resist urges when they come up.

Good luck!

A_glass1900 likes this.

6. One thing that really helps me especially when I get sexual urges during meditation is to just view your thoughts as thought bubbles.

I usually start out with some ambience music and let my thoughts go, usually sexual thoughts arise more then others which feel more dominant.

If you calm your mind and body enough you can literally transfer this energy to other areas. It's super possible to avoid these thoughts while doing meditation.

Another trick and tip that I've been doing ever since I started is to count your inhale and exhale. What is most recommended for beginners is to count up to 8 seconds, hold for 3, then release for another 8. Don't be afraid to count in your head and eventually Your body will get the breathing rhythm down. There is a ton of videos on Youtube for breathing. Taos Winds, Simply Hypnotic, Mindful Meditations. I highly suggest to check out these channels.

7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

We need to transmute the sexual energy everyday, urges or no urges. For meditation to be truly effective we need to pay attention to what’s going on in our mind all day long, not just in the meditation period.

8. WriteMeow

WriteMeow Fapstronaut

In addition to what others said about meditation becoming a moment to moment thing, Ham Sa meditation will help you deal with high sexual energy in order to move it around.

Breath in deeply saying Ham aloud. Exhale sharply making a Sa (sounds like t-sa) sound. Doing this for three to five minutes should dissipate the sexual energy and move / transmute it elsewhere.

Can confirm it works, even while deliberately doing sexual things to prevent ejaculation. How long you need to do it and how effective it is for you may vary. For me it is less effective if I haven't done it in a while.

9. SilverT

SilverT Fapstronaut

Look up mula bandha.
    Haven't tried it yet, but planning to.

10. DeepRecovery

DeepRecovery Fapstronaut

Aside from the type of meditation that involves passively watching the thoughts, I would suggest doing active inquiry. Of course this works best if you are actually interested and curious about your mind, and a key is there's no heavy judgment but more a quality of innocence like why am I interested in this? What part of me or my mind is interested? So it would most likely be more effective when you are not particularly triggered, though even after a relapse if someone has a friend in recovery they have a good rapport with they can potentially help coach them that way. But as with any exercise you don't do it just before you have to do the work, you build up that strength so when there's an obstacle you are strong enough to move it, even with a quality like curiosity.