Meditation for ADHD

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jasonofap, Dec 18, 2022.

1. jasonofap

jasonofap Fapstronaut

Hello!

I've always wanted to get into meditation to help with my PMO and I never could do it. The issue I have faced is 'undiagnosed' ADHD. It's not severe, I can sit through a work task or a movie just fine but meditating in silence is troublesome. My thoughts take over and I have to open my eyes and check on things or sounds frequently. Does anyone have any tips for someone with 'ADHD' or strategies I could try? I find that I can concentrate better when I am fasting but I've already lost all the weight I can afford to lose now. Thanks for your help!

J

2. Unmet Potential

Unmet Potential Fapstronaut

I've been doing 30 minutes a day for the past month now, I used to meditate for 10 minutes very inconsistently,
    the only real tip I can give is to keep meditating and redirecting your focus to your breathing, meditating is hard for everyone, even more so for us with ADHD. It's a skill that takes years to somewhat master, even decades, but during that time you do reap benefits.
    Some sessions I just sit there and think for most of the 30 minutes and on good days I probably think for 15 out of the 30 minutes, it is what it is there's not much we can do about, except to keep meditating.

On days your mind is really overactive you can try to count your breaths from 1 to 10 and then repeat the process, or listen to relaxing music or white noise.

awareness_79 and Badr77 like this.
  3. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

How to get tasks done with ADHD? Until the last minute when I start to panic I cannot get tasks done even if I want to.