1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Matriarchal Family

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Connaisseur, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Connaisseur

Connaisseur Fapstronaut

So I was wondering,
    Coming from a family where the women play the most important role.
    My father is a kind man. A bit lazy and un-adventurous but kind.
    My mother is overly protective, obsessed by status and wealth and the highest earner of the family. She earns 3 times more than my dad does. She is always very mean to my dad while he does everything for her. This has been the case my entire life.

I have an older sister and a younger sister. Also a brother but he has broken up with the family. Long history of domnestic violence caused by him so I don't care.
    Funny thing is he is now a municipal politician who is leading the taskforce of domnestic violence. Makes you wonder how many unfit politicians are wandering around.

Back to my original case.
    My sisters and mother play the most dominant role in the family. My dad and I are used to do as they please. In recent years I came to resent this because I felt this was very unnatural. I do believe men and women are equal but I also believe that a man should be able to make decisions, it is part of our nature. When you are unnable to do this it feels like you are castrated. I have told this to my family during our family holiday and while they do not fully agree they understand my POV (lol).
    I am taking charge more and more and I get the feeling this is accepted by my family. I think even my dad is happy with this.

I have thought about this a long time.
    I'm glad that I finally can take charge in my life and in family issues.
    However, this is due to I'm older and maybe because I'm a high earner.

It made me think about my femdom fetish.
    It think it all originated due to the extremely matriarchal family I grew up in where pleasing the women was more important than standing up and being a man. There was no ballance.

I never had a girlfriend in my life and now I am on my second longest streak of no PMO in my life.

Still on family holliday so that ofcourse makes it easier to abstain.
    Luckily I'm going on another holliday with my friends out in nature so I don't have a moment to do PMO. After that I will start basic training for the Army Reserve which also leaves no moment for PMO.

This topic is more a refelction of my own thoughts, to write them down somewhere.
    Maybe there are some people who recognize some things or would like to add something on this.
    please feel free to share your thoughts.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  2. It is not a problem whether woman or man has a more important role in the family life, but lack of an understanding others and treating them like worse ones can be crucial for your future life and beliefs. You feel that you want to have more dominant role and it is totally okay - then you need to develop it in your life and avoid femdom-related things for some time. Of course I could be wrong, but - you can always return to femdom-obsesed life after some break if you think it is the best route :)

Connaisseur likes this.
  3. Sometimes just writing something down in the open can be a good thing. Best wishes

4. Although not as bad as your Dad’s situation I often feel like your Dad though our incomes are similar. I try to please my wife all the time hoping it will make me more desirable to her but it doesn’t. I just feel like I’ve given up being myself to make her happy. She had a dominant Mother. Her mom needed to be strong as she raised all 5 of them by herself. Her dad was an alcoholic that just walked out on the family.
    My dad was a strong dad but I felt like I was a disappointment to him growing up though he did tell me when I was in my50s that he was very proud of me. Too bad he didn’t say or transmit that to me when I was young. I think I would have been a stronger man. I have to say though my 3 adult kids love me, tons and they come to me about things they won’t approach their mom about.

Connaisseur likes this.