Mate Treats His Dog Like Shit

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Wolves, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

Okay, so I've got a mate, who I've been quite good mates with for just over 4 years now. Anyway, his dad (who he doesn't live with) has a Female German Shepard. His dad is a fat lazy prick, who keeps the dog in the backyard allday and apparently he never ever walks her.

I have never seen him abuse the dog in any way, but my mate said that his dad treats the dog like shit. I wouldn't be surprised if he hits her, as it cowers when getting told off. I also think his dad talks to the dog like shit.

The dog is a violent and aggressive dog, who can't even be around people. I'd be worried of it going out for a walk, as it obviously hasn't been socialized.

The 2nd time I met it, my mate let the dog out and it jumped all over me and let me pat it and let me rub its belly. A couple weeks after that, I guess I patted it to early and it snapped at me and bit my hand.

Anyway I have a dog myself and love animals and can't stand people treating them like shit. I've been thinking about reporting his dad, but idk

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. [QUOTE
    I have never seen him abuse the dog in any way, but my mate said that his dad treats the dog like shit.
    [/QUOTE]
    What are you going to say if you report him?

3. If he does that to animals he's a prick to humans as well. Beware of these people, they have issue and take there aggressions out on other people. They need to be helped.

Unfortunately I dont think you can do anything about it.

4. Empty Tombstone

Empty Tombstone Fapstronaut

Burn his house to the ground!

5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

What a terrible idea he had to get a German Shepherd. German shepherds need to be walked constantly else their behaviour turns into this.

If he wants an animal that doesn’t require walking then get a cat lmao

Anyway, I think it should be reported, and it’s best for the dog also. She can either be rehabilitated, or put down, but either way it’s better than her current conditions.

Deleted Account and A41:14A like this.
  6. aston_hill

aston_hill Fapstronaut

Hi,
    So I actually work in a vets and am due to be doing to vet school in August.

An important think to note is animal abuse is often a precursor to domestic abuse, so it’s definitely worth keeping and eye. If you are genuinely are concerned, report it to a local authority, or ask your local vets for advice. Without any actual evidence, or having witnessed it first hand, it may be a difficult case to present. However, the authority should investigate and if they, as you say, deem the contains to not be fit for living, they may seek to seize the animal. I would recommend either encouraging your friend to, (preferable) or you yourself having a word with the man first. If then you think it’s necessary, report it.

It’s a difficult situation. But I’m sure you’ll make the right decision.
    Good luck and keep me updated.

7. Or just own nothing instead. Because cats need hands on cardio exercise each day and If he's too lazy to walk a dog, then obviously he wouldn't even take care of a cat.

8. If you're in the UK call the RSPCA.

9. Report that asshole and have him arrested.