1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Managing to give up multiple habits

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mithras, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Mithras

Mithras Fapstronaut

Hi everyone!

First I would like to introduce myself: I'm french guy new on nofap (first post) I'm checking the forum daily for a few months now and reached a 38 days streak one month ago. Today is my 13th day and I get better and better I really feel the benefits of leaving PMO on my global health and energy.

4 days ago I had an extraction of a wisdom tooth which implies to avoid smoking and alcohol use for one week to facilitate healing. I smoke around 8 to 12 cigarettes every day and alcohol once to twice a week (sometimes a lot). Furthermore, I smoke 4-7 joints blended with tobacco every day but I didn't touch any of these things since my tooth extraction. I don't really feel craving in relation to these substances, I just feel a bit tired from times to times due to (I guess) lack of dopamine.

I want to leave all these habits from a long time and I think it's the right time to do it but I'm scared to be too weak to reach my objectives as soon as I return to "normal life" with all the temptations due to the environment and people I spend time with.

Do you guys are experienced in polydrug use? Is it manageable to stop all of them at the same time? Any advice if temptation becomes too strong?

Thanks a lot for reading, I have the feeling that nofap experience is currently changing my life, each of you is a source of inspiration to become better!

2. Mithras

Mithras Fapstronaut

Hello there,

Today I feel good, still no PMO no tobacco/weed/alcohol. I had a 7 hours night and I feel like if I had slept 10. I'm going to see friends today who are big weed smokers and alcohol consumers. It's dangerous for me in my position because it could ruin all these efforts, but on the other hand, I want to test my will in a "hostile" environment plus I want to spend time with people. I've always been weak with all kind of temptations, I wonder if it's a good idea to put myself in danger so early in my chaging process.

3. Mithras

Mithras Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot for supporting. I'm proud of me, I had a great time with my friends, drank a few beers without smoking any shit, felt some desire but easy to overcome. I feel like abstaining from PMO give you more confidence to avoid any other addiction because the psychological dependence is a way weaker:). But I can imagine that it's not true for everybody.