1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Making the choice to do something fun, to something productive.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Toomuchh, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

Looking for some advice from people that are able to balance having fun and working.

I find it extremely hard to get focused on a task and default to other things like browsing reddit/nofap/youtube and playing video games.

An example would be doing simple chores like washing the dishes. I'd choose to go play a game of league instead of doing them. Saying things in my head like "I'll do it after this game" "I'll do it later" "I can wait till tomorrow".

What kind of mindset do people have that push them to just those mundane things right away instead of procrastinating.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Good Q, sometimes I try to make a little bir game out of it.. and for example if the whole table is full of stuff and it seems overwhelming to clean it up, i just start very simple with some stuff thats laying on the side.. starting small/simple, breaking down the chore.. also if i have different tasks in different rooms.. when i walk into the other room i do 1 or 2 chores and then go back to the other room.. lol dont know if this is helpful but whateva