1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

M*******tion, Lonlieness, and Fantasies

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by SirQwerty, Nov 15, 2023.

1. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I feel that I'm making it out of the p*rn addiction.. I no longer desire it, as it does not make me feel "good". I know I feel empty afterwards, and it doesn't even compare to having a partner that loves you, but this is where my issue begins.

Lately, I've been M*******ting nightly... no org*sm, just feeling myself and imagining I'm spending time with a loving partner. Unfortunately, though, I've lost control at a few points and lost progress I was making on SR, and that ruins my day. I've been feeling quite lonely, and it gets worse especially at night.

Is this unhealthy? I want to stop, I feel like I'm using this as an escape, and it just feels impure.
    Any suggestions?

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  2. Fraggernaught

Fraggernaught Fapstronaut

Are you intentionally abstaining from mastirbation and/or orgasm?

3. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

That's part of my goal, yes, but I've been falling in moments of weakness because my fantasies get the better of me sometimes.

4. Fraggernaught

Fraggernaught Fapstronaut

I use to have this problem when I would RESET or relapse. What worked for me was to focus my mind on something other than sex, usually I was thinking about work. But in times where I had extreme difficulty I would focus on my breathing. Intentionally controlling my breathing helped to clear my mind and allow me to fall asleep sooner. If that doesn't work then you could try excirsise during the day so that you're more tired at night. You could try melatonin supplements to help you fall asleep.

In my personal views, masturbation and orgasm are ordinary functions of the human male and female. The problem with it comes from excessive masturbation.

But I'm more concerned about how this affects your sleep patterns. So try and focus on being relaxed at night since that is the proper time to refresh. You'll also find that if you avoid sexual thoughts or activity during bed time that you will have an easier time overall controlling your urges and thoughts through the day; because you'll be well rested.

I hope this helps!

5. Heypleasehelpme

Heypleasehelpme Fapstronaut

Welcome to reality

6. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

Thank you! This is something I'll really have to work on, I guess it has become a habit whenever I wake up in the middle of the night. I'll try implementing your adivce, I really appreciate it.