Lying, Lust, and Fear

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We can learn a lot about fighting lust by looking at how we fight the habit of lying. The Bible says in Revelation 21: “All liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Many reading this verse would say: “My church never quoted that verse. I didn't know that.” Me to. But now we have read it at least once. Today we have the knowledge.

In China where they may be killed for being a Christian, they would read this verse and just declare outright war against lying. In America, if you can't find a church that says that you can do any sin as often as you want, and everything will be just fine and dandy, you just aren't trying hard enough.

Second, who is this verse talking about? For sure it is about future habitual liars. People who practice lawlessness in this area. But, quite a few Christians have dedicated themselves to not lying, but they slip up every 2-4 months in a moment of weakness. Then they instantly repent. Now they are not likely “liars.” No one calls a person who lies once in 6 months a liar.

Despite the Bible telling us, “Be ye perfect,” and despite my dedication to trying to do that... a lie slips out. My reaction to that is to quote the above verse which I have memorized. For me, I get straightened up really fast when I think about that verse.

Third, the Bible tells us to “Work out your salvation with fear and trembling.” I fear telling a lie. Everyone should fear telling a lie. Consider praying:

“Father, teach me to fear lying.”

Fourth, everyone should fear falling into lust. It brings darkness and destruction into our lives. Consider praying:

“Father, show me why I should fear lust. Show me exactly what destruction it brings into my life.”

We should fear getting caught in a fire, fear serious car accidents, and fear activities that the Bible says bad things about.

Fifth, study Bible verses that will help you stop until they are firmly in your head. Then study them some more until they are solidly in “your heart.”

Finally, when we fear the things God says to avoid, our other fears start to go away. When we dig into the Bible we learn to fear what God wants us to fear, and then we start to overcome a whole bunch of fears that we have that God wants to remove when we do things His way. Then life gets really good.