1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lunar Month Challenge Yourself

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 12ove, Aug 13, 2022.

1. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Lunar Month Challenge Yourself
    Hi all,

This is a self improvement challenge that will help you to delete aspects of your personality that you do not appreciate about yourself, and add things that will help you to become the person that you have always wanted to be.

The title of this group is "Lunar Month Challenge Yourself" because we will be trying to challenger ourselves by letting go of things like fapping for example during the waning phase of the moon (as it gets smaller, after a full moon.)

-"Once the full moon arrives, the waning (decreasing) moon phase begins. As the moon wanes and the light starts to dwindle, we can begin to release what's no longer working for us. It's a great time to reflect on what you've built during the waxing phase while shedding anything that doesn't feel right. As the moon wanes, we can tie up any loose ends and say goodbye to what's not serving our own highest mission."

We will also be trying to start new things during the waxing moon, "As the moon waxes (increases toward full light), our energy builds and we collect information. The waxing moon means a forward-moving energy and momentum that's great for building things, working toward a goal, or bringing the first phases of a project to fruition."

For this challenge each month we will subtract something from our personalities or add something to them, and journal about it on our own or here (especially if we slipped up.)..do your best to stay in sync with the cycles.

Traditional full moon meanings:
    The full moon will carry a different energy depending on when in the year that it falls. Here's an introduction to what each month's moon signifies:

• Wolf Moon (January): Hang out with your own wolf pack and let out a collective howl!
    • Snow Moon (February): The snowiest moon. Don't hate—hibernate!
    • Worm Moon (March): On the final full moon of winter, the ground is getting softer and the snow begins to thaw. Decide what you want to leave behind as you prepare for spring.
    • Pink Moon (April): Named for the first pink flowers of spring, use this moon to charge your magical tools outside while connecting with nature.
    • Flower Moon (May): Everything's in bloom! Incorporate flowers and flower essences into your moon rituals.
    • Strawberry Moon (June): The first moon of summer and a lovely time to use warm tones, fruits, and sweetness in your rituals.
    • Buck Moon (July): Harness the energy of growth and strength. Think deer antlers.
    • Sturgeon Moon (August): On this moon, reflect on times in your life when you've surprised yourself with your strength.
    • Corn Moon (September): Celebrate agricultural fertility and feminine energy on this moon, also known as the Harvest Moon.
    • Hunter's Moon (October): Reflect on the summer months and set autumnal intentions.
    • Beaver Moon (November): Get in touch with your senses and ground in nature.
    • Cold Moon (December): As the final moon of the year, the cold moon is a time to rest, reset, and practice self-care as you reflect on the past 12 months

Info above and in quotes taken from:

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7531/full-moon-harness-the-energy-make-it-work-for-you.html

And in case you want to know what phase of the moon it is..or when the new moon is to add

https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/calendar#

2022 Full Moon New Moon https://www.moongiant.com/fullmoons/

TLDR:
    STEPS
    -Copy and Paste the template below.
    -Next to each full moon write down something that you will begin to shed from your personality or release from your routine. EX. FAP, Alcohol, Sugar, Smoking...
    -Next to each new moon write down something that you will begin to add to your personality or routine.
    -Journal here, or on your own...especially if you slip up

2024 Current Lunar Cycle

[​IMG]
    Apr 23, 2024
    23:49 UTC

May »

[​IMG] May 8, 2024 03:22 UTC
    [​IMG] May 23, 2024 13:53 UTC

June »
    [​IMG] Jun 6, 2024 12:37 UTC
    [​IMG] Jun 22, 2024
    01:08 UTC

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024 at 8:28 PM
    red_fruit likes this.
  2. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

I am going to try to work on each of these ASAP, hopefully by the time that lunar phase rolls around I can work on something else.

August »
    [​IMG] Aug 12, 2022
    -NO PM Shed Fapping, release the need to control when I O and when I see attractive women (NoFap, NO PM mode activated)

[​IMG] Aug 27, 2022 Build better dental hygiene. Water pick every day.

September »
    [​IMG] Sept 10, 2022 Shed procrastination, get hardest thing on to-do list done first. Attack to do list until it is complete.
    [​IMG] Sept 25, 2022 Build a work ethic. Start the day with writing.

October »
    [​IMG] Oct 9, 2022 Shed drinking for a lunar cycle, and then start drinking on a more healthy level. Perhaps not every night.
    [​IMG] Oct 25, 2022 Build more flexibility. Stretch each day.

November »
    [​IMG] Nov 8, 2022
    [​IMG] Nov 23, 2022 Build more stamina. Cardio 2x a week at least.

December »
    [​IMG] Dec 8, 2022
    [​IMG] Dec 23, 2022 Build better physical health, try to make one muscle group sore each day. Workout: Chest/arms, Legs, shoulder/arms, abbs, back/arms

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  3. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Didn't do so well to start..checked a site...drank three beers...at least no M..tomorrow I am going to work harder to live a healthy lifestyle.

4. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

5. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

@A Conqueror glad to have you aboard. I am currently trying to figure out what I am going to add or build when we hit the new moon. I am really focusing on NOPM this cycle, assume you are doing the same.

I also want to cut down on my drinking to prepare me for a period of sobriety. I haven't had time off beer since I started drinking heavily over a decade ago..I think I need at least a few months sober to heal my organs and stuff but I need to do a little more research on how long that takes.

Really feeling off to a good start today...dang decided to have 3 drinks again..but at least a good no PM day down today.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  6. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Oh absolutely, to be honest I didnt read all the first time, but it seems complex haha
    Great plan, best of luck

12ove likes this.
  7. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

Got a solid week of nofap going..today is another hard mode day...got to shed looking at those p subs again too...might even try to shed that third beer tonight..but i am thinking that is probably going to be what i try to cut out on 9/10

8. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

ended up fapping yesterday..didn't make it the lunar month so i am going to continue journaling for that one until I get at least a solid lunar month under my belt....also haven't started water picking, and don't think I will tonight...this lunar month idea was a good one..i really hope i can be on it a little more this time.

9. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

[​IMG] Apr 23, 2024
    23:49 UTC
    bull moon! back at it..cutting pm this lunar cycle

-NO PM Shed Fapping, release the need to control when I O and when I see attractive women (NoFap, NO PM mode activated)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024 at 8:29 PM