lonely but not alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by lonerdxddy, Feb 6, 2023.

1. lonerdxddy

lonerdxddy Fapstronaut

i have been in and out of relationships since i was 15, i have never been alone, yet i always end up feeling alone in relationships. whether i start to hide certain feelings because i don't want to upset my partner or whether it's because i'm extremely bad at communicating my thoughts and emotions and always feel on some level i will never be understood.
    the beginning of a relationship for me is manic and obsessive, then either i make a mistake or some life change happens in the life of me or a partner, and then i become riddled with commitment anxiety.
    any time i have ever been on a break i immediately start talking to people online. i get in this very weird aggressive mindset and become all the bad parts of myself, i have no shame. then the second "said break" ends, i feel immediate regret and guilt. (i even as a teenager i compulsively cheated on my hs gf with people online (only recently accepted it as cheating).
    the guilt i will live with forever, but i'm also learning to be compassionate toward myself because no one can do better if they constantly feel like shit.

why can't i be alone? why do i need constant sexual attention and interaction?
    does anyone else struggle like this? feeling lonely but never having an excuse for why? do you struggle with anxiety about commitment? or shame towards wanting more sexually from your partners than they can physically/mentally give you?

i feel bad for feeling lonely, as if i shouldn't be because i am never alone. i feel guilty, i feel shameful. i don't want to feel alone in a relationship, it doesn't make sense.

things 2 remember
    i am strong, intelligent, caring, passionate, creative, loving, and brave. i am not my past. i can be a good person and i choose to be a good person. i am grateful for the people i have in my life.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    MindfulWarrior likes this.
  2. Escaping the matrix

Escaping the matrix Fapstronaut

Hey there! Personally I cannot speak of much experience about relationships myself, BUT, I do know the feeling of being lonely while being surrounded by people. It's a strange feeling isn't it? How can one feel lonely, but have a relationship, partner, or friends around oneself?

I am a strong believer, and promoter of the 3 centers of meaningfulness in life. Why this? Well, one thing that might make you feel more lonely is because of some missing piece in one of the 3 centers. Mind, Body, and Heart. I personally have mostly struggled listening to my heart my whole life, I have always been considering, is this a friendship, or more? But I never managed to find the answer. Generally, I think what you need is to find out, WHO are YOU amongst other people, what is your meaning in life, or maybe more, how does your relationship, partner or friends bring meaning to your life :)

Hope it can be of use :)