1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Loneliness caused by relationship

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by big-successhere, Oct 8, 2022.

1. big-successhere

big-successhere Fapstronaut

Hey everyone I know this is gonna be a bit odd but I have nowhere else to go to.

I have a gf and we've been together for over 3 years now, we have a really amazing relationship and i really love her and she does the same, i gave up everything just for her, In our early couple of years I used to have friends and I used to go out a lot with either family or friends and our relationship was just like any other relationship and it was full of love and devotion, because i never talked or looked at any other girl because m simply not the player type and i love her for real. As the years past by, we got closer and closer, we began to meet everyday since we are going to the same university and we used to spend the whole days together working and studying or just chilling. I started to go out less with my friends and family and I gave all my time to her, the only time away from her was when i was going to play football with my friends once a week. After a while like that we went to another level and we started to do video calls all dat long in home, even when we spend al day together at the university we come to home and we do a video call all night just talking or watching movies, I became isolated from my family and friends but i did with all my love. Only thing i didn't mention till now is that my gf have a problem, she gets mad, she gets mad at literally everything even if she had no reason, i mean when she gets mad she stops talking at me or days and ignoring me and reusing any type o communications, but i never had problem with that as she was like that even before i knew her, and i accepted her as she is, and with time she became getting mad at me more and more, with reason or with not, and we never have small disagreement she says that we should break up nd i tell her to not do that, and whenever she calms down she apologizes and tell me that she'll never break up with me, but with time she became to get mad at everything, even when i go to play football, even it was my passion, and i stopped playing it just to avoid getting her mad and starting problems, i stopped going out with my family and friends just for her sake and because i love her so much, we became all time in front o each other in home or outside, i stopped watching football or doing anything i like, because she would get mad if i did anything outside the relationship, and when i say that i wanna do something or go somewhere she tells me that if i did that thing, things here will never be the same and we won't be same, and when i tell her why do you do this she tells me that she became like that and if i don't like it i can leave, and she becomes very hateful when she's mad, disrespecting me and insulting me with all kind o words, and she was never like that, then when we get finally fine she apologizes and become super nice, it's like she has two personalities, I never ever got mad at her for anything, because she's faithful as well and she has no one but me and she loves me for real. Even she hurts me a lot when she gets mad and i never reply to her or insult her back and when i did one time because she got me very mad we were on the edge of breaking up. It's like she has all right to get mad and i don't, actually she says that herself, now i don't even have right to go out with my family, and whenever i tell her that i wanna go out she tells me to chose between her and going out or like two hours, while i literally spend all days in front of her. I don't know what to do honestly and i love her so much but i hate being in control, i don't wanna hurt her because i know breaking up would hurt us both very much, and i don't intend to break any promise that i gave her, or to break her heart, i just wish she can be the girl i knew from first time, it's like she doesn't respect anything i do and she considers everything i do is silly, and no matter what i did for her she says that she's better than me in this relation, and that she does for me more than i do for her, i just want to get that off my chest and hear some opinions if anyone actually read all this thing, i just don't know what to do.

Thanks and i'am sorry because it's all messy in my head and i don't know how to express it exactly.

goodnice 2.0, Limewhite and tawwab85 like this.
  2. Bro, you are in a textbook toxic relationship. Get out, and get out fast. Run for your life. It's not about hurting her. She will be totally fine without you, no matter what she tells you. But you will need a lot of healing after this breakup so you can be right again. There's a lot of damage happening to you right now. The longer you stay in this toxic relationship, the longer it will take for you to recover from it.

Run. Run fast, and do not turn back. And get in touch with your friends and family (only the ones who understand you) for support during your difficult phase of recovery. Run run run, and never look back. RUN!!!

goodnice 2.0 and Buddhabro2.0 like this.
  3. whiteflag70

whiteflag70 Fapstronaut

hey man, this "i gave up everything just for her". That by itself is enough to f**k your life up. Then you add in the fact that she sounds like a sociopath/succubus, one way trip to hell man. you meet a witch like that, like cobra says, dont walk, RUN!!! Go and google red flag women.

Concentrate on your career, hobby, network. Then you have a life to share. And in a long term relationship, respect>love. If you wanna be treated like a floor rag and have a shitty life, please stay in this relationship. (most) Women are not as fragile or pure as you think.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  4. tawwab1

tawwab1 Fapstronaut

Hey

I agree with what’s been said that it’s a toxic relationship.
    It sounds very much like the relationship I had for the past 11 years.
    The thing that’s confusing is that the woman might be a good and sweet person inside and you might share true love with her, but the relationship is still toxic and harming you big time until you find a way out.

This is the problem. You do want control but you can’t admit that to yourself. Isn’t that the whole point of NoFap, self-control? Well, you’re not going to get that if others are controlling you. Meanwhile she definitely loves being in control and makes that clear doesn’t she. So why is it so one-sided?

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  5. Limewhite

Limewhite New Fapstronaut

I'd like to call you mine,
    For the endless days of separation,
    For never being able
    Shake your dear hands.
    Now you've become distant and alien,
    And you'll forget we ever met.
    Forgive me for calling you mine
    Just because
    You'll never be