1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightly jerked off but stopped after I realised

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by naruhina, Sep 30, 2023.

1. naruhina

naruhina Fapstronaut

Hello guys I’m on day 230
    Today I came across something on Instagram while I was using phone in washroom
    And I kind of jerked off a little
    Till precum came out
    Just 10-15 jerks
    Should I consider this as a relapse?
    Please let me know
    I’m currently in a flatline

Spontifex likes this.
  2. Take it as a wake up call, a reminder, a warning and keep on working on recovery with the purpose of you being the man you envision to be.

3. StevenR

StevenR Fapstronaut

4. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

This was kind of my thinking when I started out in recovery. I'm going to post an ugly truth here that may not be received very well, but it's only my opinion.

Actually, there are a few ugly truths here. The first is that you should never have your phone with you in the bathroom, and if you absolutely cannot avoid that, then at least never USE your phone while in the bathroom. Leave it in your pocket, or even better, turn it off before you go in there.

Second, jerking off til seeing precum is never "a little" as you called it. Sorry, but I don't believe 10 to 15 strokes is all it took with nothing else.

BUT, even if it did, YES it's a reset. ANY amount of masturbation, with or without any viewing/audio material to assist is an absolute reset. If it isn't, then you have to decided where to draw the line at actions being a reset.

Think about it this way....the decisions you made to lead up to this event:
    1. You went to the bathroom with your phone
    2. You looked up lustful material on your phone in the bathroom.
    3. You decided to start masturbating to those pictures.
    4. You did it long enough to see precumbent.

I don't see how anyone with their eyes open to lust addiction would not call this a reset, but maybe that's just me.

again and SilentWolfSong like this.
  5. StevenR

StevenR Fapstronaut

I would be curious how things turned out. If this was a relapse by now I would imagine you've REALLY broken the streak. If it was just what was described and never went further I would say not a relapse.