1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Liftoff

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Meshuga, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Maybe I should complete my own challenge? Starting from yesterday, 8 points. See if I can find it in me to exercise today.

2. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Haven’t done the exercise yet and it’s not end of the day but I’m going to say I stuck to both my body & my brain diet so

3. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Have to take back 2 points from yesterday, and I had a poor day today in terms of extracurriculars.

LostSon267 likes this.
  4. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Been three days. I’ve done a terrible job of diet and running, but I’ve been journaling privately and encouraging publicly over the last three days so I’m adding 12.

30 points.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
  5. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

6. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

I love this challenge dude, I just forget about it and then forget what to track. It seems like I'm only motivated to do this challenge when I've already been doing well. Or just right after a relapse. I'd love to see an fully-realized version of it, that people were active on.

Meshuga likes this.
  7. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

It’s a complicated challenge and that’s a problem. Recovery is so much more than a block of consecutive abstinence, but consecutive abstinence is easier to count so that’s what people usually do. I wish I could figure a simpler way because I experience the difficulty myself. How many points is dieting again? How fast do I have to accumulate before I crash? If anyone can think of a more elegant system, I’m open to suggestions.

That said, I’m 29 days, which means 2 points for the clean day. We did want to reward consecutive clean days, so that’s why your 30th clean day is worth more than your 5th. I was encouraging, or at least, I contributed to the forum. I’m about to journal, privately to my AP. I did some pushups but not 15 minutes worth, and ate sugar so I don’t get that one either. 4 points today, for a total of 44.

LostSon267 likes this.
  8. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

I think the problem is just that it's incredibly difficult to quantify slow changes in our brains, but we can quantify our actions. That's why counting days is popular, even though for some people it may not matter.

What I do know is that the importance of each day changes over time. Which adds to your point. I don't think any of the first 3-5+ days really matter in the long run because I myself consider myself struggling when I'm caught in a cycle of that anyways. Now I'm in a cycle of 40-50 days with blips in between each long one. And it seems like this kind of cycle occurs within a larger cycle of

To show you visual, here is kinda what my day counts have looked like in the last 2 years or so.

1,1, 7, 1, 2, 120, 21, 1, 1, 24, 1, 1, 35, 7, 1, 185, 7, 1, 1, 10, 1, 40, 2, 1, 1, 1, 52, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1.

There's patterns all over the place that are kinda dependent on my life style. It's crazy how it works, but I'm pretty much always in some sort of cycle, always trying to find a way to break free for real, and every time I think I do I might have a relapse not long after anyways. So I'm trying to base my NoFap journey on this challenge now, by counting slip-ups and other of my own goals. I'm not worrying too much about the total day count, more just the value of each day.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
    Meshuga likes this.
  9. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

10. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

I think… 96? I’m not even sure about the day count, and I know I’ve had diet in there on some days but I can’t remember how many so I’m not counting it.

11. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

131. Did sugar denial or exercise each day, but not both.

It’s possible to beat the challenge like that, but you cant slip.

12. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Running every day, but diet only one. Dad has some ice cream in the freezer he wants me to clear out because of his own diet, but I’m almost done & I’m not allowing any sugar beyond that, even though I’m not getting the points.

13. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

I’ve either done workout or diet on every day this week, two days at least I did both. I’m getting there.

14. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

I can’t remember which days I stuck to no sugar, so I didn’t count those extra 2 points for any of those days

SilentWolfSong likes this.
  15. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

It’s been 9 days, x 3 for my streak is 27
    I always journal, add another 9 for 36
    Encouraged only 5 days; 41
    Diet always sabotaged; 0
    Ran 8 of those days, though; 57

I’m at 322. Exosphere.

SilentWolfSong likes this.