1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life's meaning

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mara43, Apr 1, 2023.

1. my english is not good:(:(
    I have misunderstood your post

onceaking likes this.
  2. Good luck!

Congrats and best wishes!

Best wishes also.

I agree

This is very important because it has the potential of improve relationships and lives!

Religion helps greatly to give meaning and purpose to our lifes. Also, healing our wounds and traumas allow us to see life with other perspective

I hope you get the answer. Congrats for wanting to become a scientist! I love science too

I agree

Procure the good of the loved one :)

Yes!

I agree. I like your reasoning.

Best wishes!

Wow, very nice :)

I agree

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  3. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Maybe there isn't one meaning but many meanings? And the meaning is down to the type of person you are?

Mara43 likes this.
  4. YouTube video.... idk if its a valid answer. But there's this creator called Hamza who made a video about purpose, describing it as not one singular thing but like an onion, having different layers. It's an elaborate 1 hour long video. Made me find my purpose.

Mara43 likes this.
  5. AdamAB1

AdamAB1 Fapstronaut

I am 15 years old and still have no purpose, nor do I know why I live. I am just going.
    I am trying to improve it as much as I can, starting with NoFap and building good habits
    Any tips?

Mara43 likes this.
  6. Watch this YouTube video whenever you have time.

7. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

How about asking this question from the perspective of our Creator? What was the purpose in creating us, in creating this universe ?

Mara43 likes this.
  8. Great question!
    Recently, a man of God said me we were created to be loved for Him, to receive His love! :-D

Icewarrior likes this.
  9. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Yes, I agree. Have you also considered that God created us and resides in us (and all of creation) in order to know every part of Himself? By that I mean our eyes cannot see themselves. They need a mirror.

10. To understand ourselves so deeply that suffering comes to an end.

Mara43 likes this.
  11. Well, I think He knows Himself without necessity of us.

Auggie likes this.
  12. The purpose of life is you. What do you think about all day? What do you imagine the kind of man/woman you want to be? What do you want to do work? What visualization do you do all the time? Make it happen, and even "if" you reach the top, you still have ways to go. Purpose ends when you die. When you leave this world have a positive impact.

Leanmaxxing likes this.
  13. Leanmaxxing

Leanmaxxing Fapstronaut

My purpose is living the best version of myself. Things change, goals change and people change all the time so it doesn’t really have a definite meaning or purpose to it. In the end, it is what YOU make of it while you’re here. IMO…

Mara is back likes this.
  14. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

All I can say is that there is a paradox at work here, meaning why would a Being need to create a universe if He is all-knowing ? I'm still grappling with this question. For sure, I am beginning to understand that "my" intellect cannot comprehend this.

Where I'm at now is here : as I said before, our eyes cannot see themselves. People cannot know themselves in totality until they enter into relationship with other people. In other words, into duality. God "entered" into duality when He created the universe.

If God "knows Himself without the necessity of us" then why do you think He created us ?
    I cannot pretend to know the mind of the Creator. However, I enjoy using our God-given curiosity!

Best wishes,
    I.W

Mara is back likes this.
  15. hiimbubbles

hiimbubbles Fapstronaut

Ive been searching tbh ive found alot of it in volunteer work, i worked on fixing the website for a local church and bringing the site into the modern era lol. I dont consider myself religous i just like to help where I can and they seemed like they could use it

16. Mara is back

Mara is back Fapstronaut

He didn't need, but He wanted
    This is true for us as created beings, but not for the Creator.
    He created us for love :-D

Good!

17. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

i've had a few stupid relationships last couple of years. the thing i learned from them and people that had to leave my life because of me being irresponsible and difficult to be intimate with:
    • i have a duty to find meaning in through my trials and tribulations,
    • and that way treating every person as a flawed version of the Lord on earth.
    the price i pay for not doing so is denying the divine nature of "you"... not treating the other person as an infinitely small manifestation of the Lord.

when i accept my fate and the tragedy of "now", everyone is better off then. or at least they should be.

does that make sense? i'm not saying i'm not stressed or lonely. but i do have a reason to go through the day. and that's my meaning.

Mara is back likes this.
  18. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Can we admit we don’t know why the Creator created this universe? That we don’t even know if there is a why?

hiimbubbles likes this.
  19. Mara is back

Mara is back Fapstronaut

Yes, we can. But I embrace what my Catholic faith says about a generous God creating everything for love :-D

20. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

The Catholics said that. I am not saying they were wrong. But Mara, what do you know to be true?“
    "To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”