Life after school

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by FormerFapaholic, Oct 23, 2017.

Were you glad to have left school?

1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

28.6%
  3. Not sure

7.1%
  1. FormerFapaholic

FormerFapaholic Fapstronaut

IT’S been a decade since I left school. It’s often said that it’s ‘the best days of your lives’. Pardon me, but what a crock load of bullshit.

I hated school, and I’ve made no secret of that. If there’s any school reunions that I ever get invited to. It's gonna be a thanks, but no thanks if I'm gonna politely decline it. I’m not interested in the slightest on what others are doing, nor do I want to know either. More so, for those who thought so little of me. Made my life hell with the pain and misery they inflicted on me.

I had learning difficulties when I was at school. Where I needed a bit more support than some in the classroom. I was often subject to prejudice and being discriminated. As small-minded and judgemental people thought I was either weak or stupid.

I was bullied at secondary school by those who thought they’d get joy of amusing themselves and others at my expense. I was victim to verbal and sometimes physical abuse by people who were either in pairs or groups. At the time, I was left feeling shit and feeling worthless because of the reputation that preceded me.

Looking back now, I shouldn’t be ashamed of who I am, or who I was. It took me a long time to come to term with and get over the terrible ordeals I went through in my teens at high school. But I’ve come out the other side a stronger and more rounded individual from what I’ve experienced. That itself, could make the bullying a blessing in disguise from what I learnt from it.

Whenever I happen to see these bullies again. Being on the street, in a shop, or a pub. They have the audacity to come and say ‘hi’ when they see me. They’re often quite sheepish too and ask me how I am. They clearly have short memories, don't they? They don’t remember nor understand the pain and misery they inflicted on me.

I could have quite happily told them to ‘FUCK OFF!’. But I’m better than that. I'm not going to sink down to their level, so I'll kill it with kindness. Be civil and reply with minimal responses, but don’t bother asking about them. I’m not interested in the slightest of what they want to say or how they’re doing. In fact, I’d rather not have had the misfortune of seeing their ugly faces again.

If there’s anything to go by it. It says a lot more about those bullies than it ever did about me. They’re not big and tough as they make out. I was rather naïve to see this when I was at school. Bullies are cowards who took their insecurities out on me. They're probably living with the guilt of what they’ve done and put me through.

They were one of the very reasons I couldn't wait to leave school. I was glad to say, ‘good fucking riddance!’ on the last day of school. When I left the school gates for the final, I celebrated to looking forward. Not dreading another day of hell.

Since leaving school, I have been a lot happier and haven’t looked back since then…

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    vibemaker, Ruben J. Soto and MLMVSS like this.
  2. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

Tertiary school's going great so far. I can't complain much when it comes to the social environment; in fact, enjoy university, even with the stress.

However, primary and secondary schools?Yeah, those weren't happy times for me. I've had asses for boyfriends and I was generally just a nut.

FormerFapaholic and MLMVSS like this.
  3. I voted No, but more accurately I should say "Not at first." I'm happy now, but when I first made the decision to leave college I felt completely lost in life. It took a while for me to adjust to not having that structure.

MLMVSS likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I enjoy being independent, so I am happy to actually be living my life.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  5. Dude I completely understand,I’m happy that I left high school, I haven’t miss them or care what happens to them and when I got out of school it’s was the best 1 and half year then the 4 year of high school.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  6. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

In one of my schools there was this awful bully. When he left it was such a huge relief to everyone.... I doubt he's happy as an adult - looking back now he seemed really screwed up.

7. Well in my honest opinion,People’s who bully never get a happy revolution or just sad in general.

vxlccm and FormerFapaholic like this.
  8. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Kind of nice that you're able to look back on it in a decent light. Some people act like bullying is the end of the world these days. It was always just part of life as I grew up. My main issue is not knowing about it and the schools not doing much... otherwise, change schools if we see it happening to our kids and/or train them for war. Because this crap gets silly. Why should it be tolerated and all sides blamed when it's clearly just evil turds that happen to be stronger/etc (in the case of boys).

Yeah, @Ruben J. Soto they are probably not happy people. Sad for them; not sure how to help the guilty party at all. It's difficult because their home life is probably even crappier.

9. sombrero23

sombrero23 Fapstronaut

It's kind of nice to see a thread like this, since I really despise my high school that I'm being in now. It's uplifting to see that school isn't all that matters. At least this is my last year at high school.