Levels

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

There are 4 levels of turning from lust.

Level 4 is how Jesus fully turned from lust, fully focused on all pertinent scriptures, and fully focused on His purpose.

Level 3 is how Joseph ran from lust, focused on many scriptures, and stayed on track to fulfill his purpose.

Level 2 is someone at NoFap, turning from lust, thinking about one scripture, and trying to pray about purpose.

Level 1 is someone turning from lust, wondering what they are missing. Considering whether they should reconsider. Being very confused and very tempted.

All 4 levels are an improvement over wondering what to do. But... always focus on increasing your level, because, the more you do, the more you will find joy filling your life.

Leon_GTO likes this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

To learn the habit of turning from lust it is important to know what you are up against. Consider trying this test. Every time you have a lustful thought, track it on your phone or on a piece of paper. To bring an immediate fight, pray with every bad thought:

“I am sorry Father, help me think new thoughts.” Pray it sincerely, with respect every time.

What if your lust test numbers out at 847 or 1568? If you have any lustful thoughts you need new things to think about. If you have a ton, you should consider being completely obsessed with new thoughts.

I have given 20-30 new things to think about in my last 15 articles. Consider copying and pasting (new thought) ideas onto one page and printing them out.

Second, the Holy Spirit is watching everything we do to try to quit. Sometimes when we do a lot of “things” to quit, He helps us even more.

Replace lustful thoughts with Godly thoughts. Pull out your sheet every time you have a lustful thought, and think the good thought. It will take time and work. But, it won’t take long before you start to think of some good thoughts naturally. Over time you will “Raise the level” of how you think. Then it will give you a glimpse of what it is like to really live “In the light.”

Mara43 likes this.