1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving the nest.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Minsc, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Here's some thoughts from my current road.

For some people, as soon as they are done of high school (or even before) they run for the hills. Me, it was never that easy. I really did not no where to go. For a while I did train elsewhere and get a license in a trade. Over time I moved myself away from it and back into the family business. Even when I studied and worked at my trade I never completely left working at farm. When I reflect, if I was going to farm I would have been better off heading out to other farms to gain experience and eventually buy my own farm. Hindsight is 20/20 they say.

As I approach 37 it's becoming even clearer in my mind the necessity to leave. If I stay it's feels like it will be a slow death. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to do so and not be pulled by the family strings. My parents are now 65+ and I'd like them to retire comfortably, that's not something I can do by keeping the farm afloat. The hard part is getting conversations started. I don't want to just up and leave and burn bridges. Now I suppose I have to be more vocal about my desire to leave. My fear though is I won't get the support to gently ween myself out of the farm. If things come to it though, I may have no choice but to be firm and leave. As I've heard asked many times before, am I happy where I'm at? All I can say is no.