1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning Coding + Data and related topics from scratch

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by loneloan, Apr 1, 2023.

1. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

Can I learn this stuff -within one year- to the level where I can take courses on it? Courses for qualifications to ,then, get jobs in IT.
    I have a macbook air: Do I need a dummy computer I dont use to try to code -in case I screw up this one-? Will I need to read books and practice 10 hours a day or is that a myth?
    Im willing to learn, to try hard and do ...but im worried. I want to change all my life and become great..in one year!

2. crane77

crane77 Fapstronaut

i reccomend checking this stuff on reddit, i tried to learn to code and the best thing i found was odin project, they really lay the foundation for backend or frontend
    and it's also made by other dudes i thinkk so its free not like codeacademy or some other paid shiet that doesnt teach you much
    i think mac is ok , in there you instal xubuntu to program so no problemo
    check it out

loneloan likes this.
  3. loneloan

loneloan Fapstronaut

Thanks!
    I kinda hate reddit , but I post some memes here and there to get points and be able to comment in the few actually good communities.
    I will try. Any subforums you reccommend which arent nasty ,for this topic?

4. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Absolutely. I was never much interested into IT until final year of highschool, when I decided to learn coding from scratch and in about 6 months (studying it 3-4 hours daily) I ended up getting 4th place in national coding competition. It really matters how much time you invest into it and how intensive. If you build your portfolio (even with some crappy programs) it would be good start when applying for job to show them.

Then get junior coding job (prefer rather shitty salary but with extremely good coding technologies/experiences than other way around) and in 2-3 years you can easily change the job and get 300%-400% increase in salary in new job if you have right technologies and experiences.

I would recommend a youtube coding tutorial for start and maybe later buy Udemy (roughtly 10£ for high quality training course what is really bargain)

loneloan likes this.