Learning a new Language Challenge Join now!!!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Ignis Divinis, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Ignis Divinis

Ignis Divinis Fapstronaut

Bien hecho hermano, continua así :emoji_muscle:

2. Ignis Divinis

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra it's good too, but I think it's hard to a native speaker so read Don Quijote when you achieve a good level of Spanish

3. Ignis Divinis

4. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

5. I'm learning ASL (American Sign Language)

Don80 and Ignis Divinis like this.
  6. Goin on Day 3 of Chinese. Did some writing practice yesterday and I'm not so good.

So far learned numbers and now greetings today, so many new characters.

7. Ignis Divinis

Well done bro

amazing bro, it's awesome, don't stop I've add the ASL to the list

Amazing bro, don't stop, yeah as long as I continue too I've noticed a lot of things that are awesome in the new language, it's awesome and make our brains better

Don80 likes this.
  8. Ignis Divinis

9. Goin on Day 4. Did a little Duolingo this morning. Learning all the character's separately is very difficult.

I started on Japanese but the verbs and language got me very
    @Ignis Divinis
    I have a Japanese Kanji book. I originally started off with Japanese but the language it selfis very confusing with speech and where to put verbs, etc. I have mostly memorized the Katakana and Hiragana, but it's so much. In my mind Chinese seems better put with just calligraphy, just seems more upfront. Ever since High School I've been looking at characters.

10. Day 3 mis companeros!

Ignis Divinis likes this.
  11. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Day 1. Hello, I'm in. I want to learn Spanish.
    My routine includes:
    Adding new words with pictures to Anki app (free)
    Memrise (free)
    Duolingo (free)

I try to stick to the goals in my apps + one or two more lessons to make progress. I'm a slow learner. It takes me about 45 minutes to complete the tasks. However, there are times when I am too tired and stressed out and I'm disappointed with myself. Doing the apps helps you get motivated but can put a strain on you if you can't complete your goals so it may lead to a relapse. Yet, the pace is rather small (I set the goals to be the lowest possible in Duolingo) and didn't set any goals in Memrise.

I love Spanish because it's spoken by millions of people and all the Spanish-speaking countries are rather peaceful (in my opinion), many of them are not rich and very influencial but I guess their culture is worth exploring in this English-language dominated culture and world. I've been learning English most of my life and I love the sound of this language and the culture. But I still think that I miss out on the culture expressed in Spanish.

12. Ignis Divinis

oh that sounds amazing, when I was 12 I was learning japanese but I forgot it all hahhaha, both are amazing, you have the choice my brother, I love the japanese for their culture of the samurais, it's the language number 3 I plan to learn. and the chinese have great culture as well, tell me which you chose :emoji_slight_smile::emoji_writing_hand:

13. Ignis Divinis

excelente amigos mios, a mi me encanta también el español lo mejor culturalmente son la cultura Azteca, Maya, los aztecas para mi son los samurais del continente americano, amazing choice Don80 keep going and don't stop, probably I had a little problems with my writing, anyway don't stop Don and Berserker guy, there are a lot of culture with that language :emoji_muscle::emoji_innocent:

Don80 likes this.
  14. Ignis Divinis

15. Kingofanew_world

Kingofanew_world Fapstronaut

I am currently learning Japanese on my own using free materials.

16. Ignis Divinis

amazing bro, I'll write your name down in the list, keep going :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_muscle:

17. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Me tambien encanta la cultura Azteca y Maya. Yo voy peliculas en espanol a veces pero no comprendo mucho. How was that? :) I can use only present tenses and simple sentences. I usually undestand half of sentences and in American movies when they use Spanish from time to time and if I can understand most of what they say, I feel so PROUD of myself :)

18. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

I'm in! I started to learn Spanish a while back, and I really want to speak it with others.

19. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

What languages are you learning @Ignis Divinis ?