1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

keratoconus and the rift

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by xuledywo, Oct 5, 2023.

1. xuledywo

xuledywo Fapstronaut

Not sure how to get this question in front of someone who would know.

My girlfriend has severe keratoconus (eye's cornea has an improper shape), and has to wear multiple sets of contacts at once to be able to see clearly. She can only wear these for about 8 hours a day. She really wants to spend her free time productively, e.g. learning how to code mobile apps, but she can't look at a normal computer screen without her contacts. I am wondering if the Oculus Rift would allow her to see a huge screen, reducing the strain on her eyes without her contacts. I am not familiar enough with the Rift's technology to know. Is there anyone who would be interested in discussing this?

2. xuledywo

xuledywo Fapstronaut

thanks in advance for any help

3. Onceagain2.0

Onceagain2.0 Fapstronaut

No idea i have kerataconus myself have not heard of this but will check it out

i have a lense implanted behind my cornea i dont wear lenses there a nightmare to correct. with an appropriate lens my left is 6/5 and my right is 20/20 so pretty good but i cant get stable lenses.

so i had an intra ocular implant which doesn't remove the refractive issue on the cornea bit it strengthens the lens of the eye. which takes SOME of the eye strain away.

but never heard of the rift technology w

fusion47 likes this.
  4. xuledywo

xuledywo Fapstronaut

thank you so much for your response and suggestion