1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just wanted to get this off my mind

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Dec 31, 2023.

1. I know what I'm about to say is nothing new, nothing special, but this my first time living so to me it is new to experience this, I've heard about it from people but the actual intensity hits when you yourself experience it. I am talking about rejection from the girl who was perfect for me(but I am not perfect for her, she deserves way better), I don't know why, I have faced a rejection in my past but that wasn't even close to the pain I'm feeling from this one... maybe because in this case I actually loved the girl and wasn't just merely attracted to her... let me start properly on this girl topic...
    She was on my mind the whole time, all I wanted was a text from her, I would check my phone every few minutes to see if she texted(knowing damn well she didn't have a reason to), and when she didn't text I sent her reels, and texts so that I can get a reply, I was such a fucking loser that at one point of time it felt like my life revolves around her texting me, that was the only thing impotent to me, I've got very important career deciding exams coming up, but still I didn't give importance to studying, all I wanted was to talk to her for hours, this exact feeling I've been bottling up for a 2 years and recently she started showing more interests in the conversations and started sending me reels and stuff(because she thought of me as a friend), all that interest and attention and basic human kindness from her, made my stupid mind think that maybe she likes me, which just aggravated my infatuation to the point I couldn't focus on anything at all but her, so I thought fuck all thay and let me say it to her once and for all... that would be a victory as if her answer is yes then great if its no then I can finally move on with no doubts in mind, so I told her and she was shocked (obviously) because I said it randomly in a conversation and then she said that she sees me as a great friend and nothing more.......
    Now that I have an answer, I feel empty, like there's no meaning to anything at all, whose text do I wait for? There is no hope... but I did confess to her because I wanted a definitive no so that I can convince my loser ass mind that she doesn't like me and I need to let go of the love that I had for her....
    But she was so much like me, our thoughts interest were so similar it was like we were the same soul, her sitting next to me and talking to me felt so much like a part of me that it didn't even disturb my solitude, her presence would heal even the deepest wounds that I had....

(Considering all the emotional shit that I wrote above we can conclude that I was in love with someone who wasn't in love with me.... nothing new, many guys have gone through that and I need to stop romanticising all this and stop being bitch...)

As the title says, I just needed to get these things off my mind, I wish I could say all this to her, but I gotta let her be, and I too should focus on my life....

Any suggestion/advice/opinion/criticism is welcome and appreciated...

Aspect_16 and Cú Chulainn101 like this.
  2. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

Hey man, I understand this is tough for you. Take this as a lesson, moving forward, don't be so quick to give your heart to a woman. Stay focused on your goals. Set them, and work towards them, become the best man possible in every capacity, mentally and spiritually especially. Focus on your future, youe career that you'll be working to ultimately privide fornyour family. You can be the "perfect" man for the "perfect" woman once you build yourself up. It's hard to do this, I'm still learning myself, but it saves a lot of unnecessary hurt.

Praying for the best for you, I'm here if you need someone to talk to

Alrick Elden and Cú Chulainn101 like this.
  3. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

Almost every Man has been there bro for sure. Holy fuck I could’ve wrote that when I was going through it, you sounded exactly how I felt. It’s called Oneitis.

4. GrittyRunning

It’s important what Oneitis really is, which is an unhealthy idealization of a person created in your own mind. I were wish Rollo’s books were around when I was your age, because it really helped me. The Rational Male volume 1 should be required reading for all Men.

Alrick Elden likes this.
  5. Thanks man!
    You're right I did actually give her my heart quickly, I would be careful in future for sure.
    I did have the idea that I didn't deserve her because I wasn't even close to how good she is, but emotions took over logic...

Since the day I wrote that post I've been feeling better but I'm not really sure if its because I'm actually moving on or because I started talking to her again but as a friend, she said she wanted to keep the friendship...
    Although I think I'm moving on slowly everyday as I find myself thinking about texting her or a getting a text from lesser lesser everyday.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2024
    SirQwerty likes this.
  6. GrittyRunning

7. GrittyRunning

Sorry just fixed that link.

Alrick Elden likes this.
  8. Damn, didn't know it was this common that it has name for it...
    That does sound bad because I actually used to think that I won't date any other girl because there is no like her, I remember on the day after I told her about my feelings and got rejected I had made up my mind that I'm gonna still love her no matter what and stay single forever ...

(Sounds too cringe when I think about it now)

GrittyRunning likes this.
  9. Thanks!
    First paragraph itself sounds exactly how I felt

10. GrittyRunning

Read Rollo’s first book bro. I wish I had that book when I was a young lad like you. He’s got a lot of books now but that first one, hell I think his first 3 books, needs to be required for all Men.

Alrick Elden likes this.
  11. GrittyRunning

He’s helped a lot of guys avoid falling into depression and definitely avoid suicide as well.

Alrick Elden likes this.
  12. GrittyRunning

“Preventive Medicine” is volume 2 and “Positive Masculinity” is volume 3. His first 3 books is just Awesome.

Alrick Elden likes this.
  13. For sure gonna read those, all the things he's said in the link that you sent, are very real makes a lot of sense.

14. It's called infatuation. It happens.

Alrick Elden likes this.
  15. raven00

raven00 Fapstronaut

Bro it’s funny and strangely coincidental how I’m also presently in the same pit. I described by my anxieties and depression as a result of withdrawal syndrome since I quit PMO. But critically analyzing, I think it’s the Oneitis because not getting to PMO has never been a bother and I’ve always been proud and happy about it.

But I thought it was a sort of psychological effect that I wasn’t much aware of. Your post has really brought my attention to what’s really going on.

She delays for even 5mins to reply my text or if I missed her calls, bro I feel like beating myself up to death. It can really pain me. We were so close until the past 3-4 weeks. She has been the central cause of my anxiety recently but I always put it on withdrawal syndrome trying to make excuses for her (she’s too kind to make me feel this way).

Alrick Elden likes this.
  16. raven00

raven00 Fapstronaut

im also gonna start to read asap

Alrick Elden likes this.
  17. I really relate to the last statement...