"Just talk to people, make connections"

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by im_done, Sep 3, 2022.

1. im_done

im_done Fapstronaut

Last Summer, I told myself I was going to make the most out of my last two years in scam school aka university and start participating in campus activity. Hell, a club orientation I attended even incentivizes this with a point system that results in funding. And even better, a opportunity arises with a historically rare football game. I'm in clubs, I do stuff, so i think the best way to attend is by linking up with some people i know, like I've been told by every dipshit that has life handed to them. Two prospects. One was shaky, but he was nice and I haven't hung out with him in a while. One is a good friend. I thought this would work out, but apparently no one knows how to make plans are talk to people. The second friend was willing to take me, but at this point I said screw it. I'm gonna play Quake/Sifu, eat sandwiches and pizza, and have my own fun. But PSN decides to do some typical PSN shit and not work. Now, I'm watching Seven trying to crack Alan Turing's code as to why I can't buy a fucking game. But I'm glad I experienced this because it confirmed my previous convictions about life and people. Birds of a feather flock together, and I guess I'm not a bird. I thought if I wasn't doing some dumb group shit every weekend, I was some ugly hermit. Fuck that. I can recruit fat out of shape people who hardly like to walk to do martial arts and they enjoy it. People assume I'm a social butterfly anyway.
    And before anyone makes any baseless assumptions...
    - I'm in two goddamn disciplines
    - I take refuge in the gym
    - I had spinach and chicken for breakfast
    - I'm a member of four different clubs
    - I currently study two different certifications
    - I couldn't even relapse if i wanted to because I can't choke my chicken when I'm pissed.

One womb, one tomb.

整列するおとこ likes this.
  2. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Be if you need someone to talk I am with you feel free to text me

3. It seems easier to beat this addiction when school is cut into play. When I was in High School I became free since I was exhausted from learning every single day my noggin needed a rest. I hung out with friends every other weekend which helped and played card games or went to the Volleyball courts and just had fun. It was a community center and it helped allot.

One thing we half to certainly do is dodge the sketchy people that don't want to hang out, I've realized that they aren't worth our time if we end up putting our energy for them. It's pointless shit. Look's like you are on a the right path and even playing Open World games help out majorly.

I'm not going to lie whenever my bud's said fuck it, I played rhythm dance and open world games and had fun myself as well or spent time with fmaily. So I really understand where you're coming from.

im_done likes this.
  4. im_done

im_done Fapstronaut

I like your reply. Because it's right. And I did have a good day eating pizza and playing Sifu that weekend (that game is difficult, man). Ironically, enough I went to a college ball game (I think football is boring, btw) with the very same guy. I was tempted to text him and see if he wanted to hang out since we both left early. I'm glad I decided against it. He's a great person, but we're different people. All of his friends are pretty and go to all the kickbacks. My social battery runs down quickly, and most of the people he's cool with that I haven't met see me as background noise.
    Thank you for not telling me to fix my personality and take showers. Golden boys don't usually digest stuff like this well because they have no idea what's it's like to prove yourself to those that don't care.

整列するおとこ likes this.
  5. I'm not here to judge one's personality unless what they post really doesn't sit well with my inner mind and I feel I must. Were all here to support each other and our improvement most of all. I had this trouble allot finding the right group of friends to hang out with even if they didn't understand me. You half to hang out with the one's that are going to have you're back and trust you most of all. I've said no to allot of buddies who even wanted to do something because I wanted my spare time to de stress from School work.

I don't really give a shit about what half of the people say on this forum about video games not helping and triggering relapses, they do help! I played a few with the titles of SilkRoad Online, Perfect World Online, and other MMORPGs. They have beauty and keep you're brain entrained. Most of all I love exploration and puzzle. Kairo is one of my favorite games of all time and I highly suggest it to you mate.

im_done likes this.