Just broke up with my first girlfriend, tell me how to cope please

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by tsaber, Apr 11, 2015.

1. tsaber

tsaber New Fapstronaut

I'm sitting at home crying. It's better since I cried.

I've never learned how to deal with bad emotions properly so please help me out.

I felt like going crazy a couple of minutes ago.

I burned all bridges to people over the last year. Also because they weren't right for me. I'm all alone.

2. mikael1

mikael1 Fapstronaut

Start reading: "How to Meditate: A Practical Guide to Making Friends with Your Mind"

Try following these rules:
    Feel emotions fully
    Forgive offenses quickly
    Forget bad times quickly

Hang on there, buddy, life goes on!

3. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

Cry, cry, cry some more. Dear lord I remember my first break up. Holy crap I was a wreck. Didn't eat, would cry when a love song came on the radio. Wow!! I know how you are feeling. Like you have no control. I am in a city with a million people and a week after the breakup I ran into him on the street. Like WTF. It was like a knife to the heart. I too was all alone with very few friends as I had alienated them all with this all consuming unhealthy relationship. The only thing I can say is that it does get better and it will make you a stronger person. You really need to feel those feeling, get through them and come out on the other side realizing you didn't die.

Big huge hugs to you.

silvaticus likes this.
  4. tsaber

tsaber New Fapstronaut

thank you. I can relate since I turned my back to a lot of friends too. (not because of her)
    Thanks for your support. It's not as bad anymore.

Limeaid likes this.