Just beginning!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Hello!

Well, I don't really know where to begin, if I'm honest. I'm 22 years old, never had a girlfriend in my life. It's not been easy, believe me, but it is what it is. I've tried dating sites and asking people out. I've been on a grand total of one date in my life and that was a few months ago.

Right, so how does that relate to my NoFap then?

Confidence.

Confidence has never been my strongest point. It ties with my self-esteem in how low they can be. I've read online that abstaining from masturbating had lead others to increased social confidence, which in my case would be useful. Now, I am more than happy to concede that abstaining from fapping is not going to be the magical answer to my social problems, but if it's a step on the road to tackling them, I'm more than happy to take it.

Today is day 2 of no fapping. In the past, I've been known to go for about 4 or 5 days, so I know the first couple are always the hardest. Today has been especially difficult for my circumstances (related to a fetish of mine) but after reading some of the articles on this site, I'm intrigued and inspired.

In short? Bring it on!

2. Hey -

Thank you for your introduction.

A bit belated, but welcome to NoFap.

- L