Journey video game

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ongoingsupport, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

Has anyone played it? As far as games go it looks like a fairly original concept, though I'm not familiar with what's out there these days.

2. Sardonic

Sardonic Fapstronaut

I started it, never finished it. I have a huge gaming backlog and Journey is waaay down there... might give it another shot.

3. Ongoingsupport

I'm just generally interested in original concepts.

4. My SO played it when that came out. It's pretty cool how when you're playing as there are random strangers you encounter in different areas, and you can't look at their name or profile as there's no way to do so. You'll never know who it was you saw or if it was even the same person you see again. It's a pretty unique way of online play.

5. Ongoingsupport

So it sounds like you just have the encounter and have to go by what they do in the game, which fosters a direct way of relating rather than what we read about someone and would invoke a sense of immediacy and intimacy. I mean when we think of the game environment it's indirect right off the bat by virtue of playing the game, but then within the game you might only indirectly know through reading a profile and such, AND there's how we interpret someones profile in our mind. All of those levels of indirect information distances the way we relate interpersonally, so it sounds like where Journey shines is it is more directly experiential.

EDIT: Just thinking Journey vs. journal - it is a real time experience rather than a story..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017