1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It's Like Fire

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Bad lust is like a massive fire. Imagine, you own 2 acres of property and it's on fire. But in this scenario, only you can decide to put it out. If you do nothing, it will burn until everything is destroyed.

If you keep thinking the same way the fire will keep roaring. Developing the habit of praising the Lord is a top 7 way to put water on the fire. This week consider thinking 5 times per day about developing new habits. This week, consider striving to “Praise the Lord,” 30 to 100 times per day.

If lustful thoughts plague you, pray with every bad thought:

“Father, sorry for that, I praise You, Lord.”

Some feel overwhelmed because 666 bad thoughts plague them daily. You can pray this prayer sincerely every time... if you are committed to praying it sincerely time after time. Consider praying:

“Father, I commit my thoughts to You.”

What if someone, someday prays that prayer 500 times daily? What if they are obsessed with committing their thoughts to the One who created them? What will they have way less time to think about?

Second, if you believe that lusts fire “will” destroy everything like I do, you will start thinking daily about what you are “committed to.”

Third, the Chiefs won the Super Bowl again. Their star Patrick Mahomes said: “I give God the glory. Now we will start working on winning it again next year.” He is committed to God and God is blessing him. He is committed to working at reaching his goal again.

Finally, think often about what you are committed to. Think often about forming the habit of praising the Lord. Every time you “Think right,” you are dumping water on that fire. Continue to build that momentum, and someday the fire will go out.

SwedishViking likes this.
  2. This post is...fire. :D

timcia likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

The Lord's prayer reads, "Thy Kingdom cometh." This screams with an urgency to quit. My 21-day program is very hard to stick with. But, if we really knew the future of people around us we would have 5 times the urgency to do things God's way.

Second, consider going into strict training to quit using the tips of your fav articles this week. First study and pray over the articles, then have a battle plan for your fav one or two lust verses, fav key points, and your fav prayers. Consider praying often:

“Lord, I commit to strict training this week.”

Finally, see how many times you can pray your fav quitting prayers this week. As always, each time must be prayed 100% sincerely with a complete desire to quit. These prayers may or may not cause a miracle, but, at the very least, they will give you an even better idea of why you should be fired up about quitting.