1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Isolation Means Failure?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by simba121785, Sep 12, 2020.

1. simba121785

simba121785 Fapstronaut

I was watching an anti-fap video on Youtube. The guy stated that one of the pitfalls of not succeeding in quitting is to go completely into isolation and not having anyone to hang out with or talk to. I wanted to get other peoples' opinions on this. I don't really have any friends and it has been that way for years.

I've been screwed over a lot lately so it is difficult for me to form friendships with people. It is like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of being screwed over. I also read that people respect you less when you're overweight. I want to work towards getting into better shape, among also learning to be more social and making more friends before going back out there.

However, if isolation going to be my downfall when trying to quit, am I doing it wrong? Is it possible to achieve this by yourself without feeling so lonely that it will drive you to failure?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. hey, i did my 30 days completely alone. i was mostly driven by telling myself that i don't wanna be a loser anymore. but i so far i still feel like a loser sooo... :( . but yeah it's possible. maybe even better because you're facing the addiction head on instead of finding distractions.

The Symbol of Hope likes this.
  3. Same as you my friend. Same as you...

But I hate excuses. I won't let anything stopping me from accomplishing my goals, whatever others might say.

Let's prove that we can also succeed at NoFap even if we are isolated.

Let's try our best.

4. i think that there are some people are confortable with being lonely they just call it being independent. you need to make that decision for yourself and ask yourself what is really making you feel insecure to point that you take in more food then you need...

The Symbol of Hope likes this.
  5. Start loving your life. This addiction won't love you back. If you really get along with someone they will
    appreciate the time they spend with you :)

6. This is 100% bullshit. If you give me a real reason to not have any respect for you that's when you will get screwed.
    Being overweight is not a reason for having less respect for someone.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. And this is what most overweight people regret. I watched some videos about the stories. They stay at home until things get better.
    The same goes for addicts or people who are afraid in general. They waste so much time WAITING or GETTING to the right moment.
    There is no right moment. But you only have one damn life. Stop wasting it like you have another one at hand.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. A loser would never do something like that.
    Why not a mix of both. Most of the time alone but some days with the friends :) 2 days in the week or even 1 day can have a good impact
    on your life.