1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this the cause for my behaviour?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by ankith, Mar 18, 2022.

1. ankith

ankith Fapstronaut

Trigger warning!!!!! (Might be child abuse)

Hi,
    Well all my life I have been convinced that I was born to be a masochist or beta etc. I hated myself for being born this way, which made me depressed and hate my life.

I thought nothing really traumatic happened in my childhood for me to behave like this but yesterday i remembered an incident from my childhood, it was so long back that I completely forgot about it and it was when I first start feeling pleasure when subjected to pain.

When I was 5-6 years old. There used to be a guy who used to be one of the members of the church, he was Kenyan and he came to India for education and he used to visit our house a lot. He was really kind to me and others but he used to pinch me a lot playfully in secret when no one was watching. I remember i used to be annoyed a lot and wondered why he would do that. I maybe rationalised into thinking that he was doing it so that I would enjoy being teased in that way. And later at some point i kinda started feeling pleasure out of it, because of the pain followed by endorphins released by brain to numb that pain. I got addicted to it, i also remember wanting to get pinched by him at the end a lot before we moved to a new place and i forgot about the whole thing.

And maybe after few years he again came to visit our new house and when I saw him, i again remembered how i liked the feeling of getting pinched and really wanted to be pinched and damn he again did it and rush was really high.

So this was my first experience of getting into masochist.

Was i subjected to abuse? Did his playful teasing turn me into masochist because it was a coping mechanism to overcome the pain from being pinched? Or am i just overanalyzing and trying to put blame on others and not acknowledge my sick behaviour?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022