1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is My Libido Out Of Control?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Jixxle99, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Jixxle99

Jixxle99 Fapstronaut

I've always had an incredibly high sex drive. I've slept with over 50 partners and I'm realizing this was retrospectively, probably a sex addiction. I would also compulsively PMO.

I'm 2 days into NoFap and I feel good, It might not sound alot, but I used to PMO about 3-4 times a day and I'm already getting some the results that people mention. I feel calm, clear minded, confident and I'm getting alot of stuff done.

However, right now I'm in a difficult position mentally. I'm becoming increasingly aware that almost all of my reason for being is to have sex. Even NoFap, to me, is about becoming more disciplined, more confident and self assured... in order to have more sex.

I've never thought of having such a high libido as being a problem. But now I'm thinking that maybe it's a deeper issue.

The upside of having this super strong libido, is that all of this energy that used to get dissipated is now being channeled into work, projects, life, relationships and working out.

Do I have a problem? If so, what can I do about it?

meganmcc likes this.
  2. meganmcc

meganmcc Fapstronaut

I'm used to a couple a day too, usually morning in shower and at night in bed or bubble bath. I'm going to give this a go and see if I can go without, I hate to think my drive rules me, I am too stubborn and independent to ever want to admit that.

3. Imagine if all that energy (and time) could br directed into something bigger! You may be Michelangelo but don't yet know it as you've been so busy shagging..

4. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

50 partners? Were any of these prostitutes?

5. Jixxle99

Jixxle99 Fapstronaut

That's the irony. I know my drive rules me and as it's the most powerful motivation in my life, redirecting it seems to be working well so far. I feel like I can become my best self as long as I stick with it.

Even if NoFap leads to me having a ton more sex. I'm OK with that. At least it's something that can be shared and enjoyed with someone else as opposed to wasting the energy.

6. Jixxle99

Jixxle99 Fapstronaut

It was over 7 years or being promiscuous and single. That's less than one partner every 2 months.

7. Jixxle99

Jixxle99 Fapstronaut

Haha, we shall see.

8. meganmcc

meganmcc Fapstronaut

Yes I am single now and don't want to waste any more time masturbating, I'm planning on using my sexual energy in other ways like you said, redirecting it.

I also work a lot so there's that.