1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to stop ogling women IRL? Any tips?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by A8X, Feb 1, 2024.

1. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I stared at pretty girls all my life. When driving I would usually look inside of the car next to me to see if a pretty girl was driving. I could never stop myself from looking and checking out women on the street.

I do not do that anymore. I keep custody of my eyes. I still want to look at times but I don't have to look with God's help.

With God all things are possible.

silex_jedi and KevinesKay like this.
  2. A8X

A8X Fapstronaut

My recovery process started when i realised (with some help from my GF) that i had an addiction and went to my first 12 step (SLAA) meeting, combining it with addiction therapy. I did all that for about three years. I have learned a lot during that time, about addiction as well as about myself, my past traumas that kept controlling my life and more. Today i maintain my recovery by to some degree staying in touch with other recovering addicts and search for motivation to keep myself on this journey (like visiting this site).

3. KevinesKay

KevinesKay Fapstronaut

Me trying to practice looking without lusting is like a recovering alcoholic trying to practice drinking without getting drunk.

So I don't give myself permission to look, period. And my wife is perfectly happy with that stance

InnerMan and silex_jedi like this.
  4. tawwab1

tawwab1 Fapstronaut

Try and remind yourself that these women don't have anything to do with you, and are not available to you, so to ogle them is only to torture yourself over them. Why do we have this idea of sexual access, such that we see a woman and think immediately that we can have her? There must be an element of brainwashing going on there if you really think about it. Break the brainwashing and understand that these women are dressing this way only because they want to, not because they're making themselves available to you in any way, shape, or form. Then it becomes a question of how much do you want to tempt yourself with something you won't be able to enjoy, and the only logical answer is "not much."

silex_jedi and KevinesKay like this.
  5. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

i am glad you are bringing this up as i have had this issue for a long time.

i am not sure that it's under control, but in my hour long walks in weekends i started implementing and training myself to not look anymore after noticing that "that person is here" and bringing to my consciousness something else about where i was, look away in the distance. letting that person do what they have to do.

it got better, that i am sure of. but i still have progress to do.

KevinesKay likes this.