1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is dating while rebooting doomed to fail?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Always Vigilant, Jul 9, 2023.

1. DeepRecovery

DeepRecovery Fapstronaut

Yeah true, I mean I was in a cult myself by manys definition with some friends who are all out now so I am certainly familiar with what can happen with trauma and so forth. There are some situations that just has less complexity though it doesn't mean the severity is less. I guess I have to go back to whether there's a clear view that it is possible to recover or at least get better, and people actively working on it even if it's just an inch at a time. I don't think that's necessarily happening in the mainstream of the recovery world. I was in the middle of writing a "success story" post with a similar length and it overlaps so I might post some details there..

Meshuga likes this.
  2. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Yeah, you can't casually drop "I was in a cult" and not expect some curiosity. And more personally relevant, I'd like to know about your experiences in the "recovery world." I'll look out for that.

3. DeepRecovery

DeepRecovery Fapstronaut

A part of how I think now is less personal but there will be some of those details, probably not all in one place though.

4. Tigerdude

Tigerdude Fapstronaut

Reading some of these posts, I'm just gonna wait until after my 90 day period is over before I even try asking out girls.

And in heartbreak or other emotional experiences, I'll stay away from my laptop. Just like I'm doing now.

Meshuga likes this.