1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

iPhone vs. dumb-phone

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Hi.
    I have a problem with inappropriate texting behavior trough my computer and cellphone. Because of that I got an accountability software installed on my computer so that my AP can see how I'm using my computer. I have been using a dumb-phone that couldn't reach the internet for a year or so. But since I got the software on the computer I have turned into texting on my dumb-phone to avoid being caught using my computer.
    Now I wonder if my old iPhone with the software installed wouldn't be a better choice than the dumb-phone with nothing installed?
    My AP and I have already installed the software on my iPhone and tested that i works, so the only thing left to do, is plugging in the sim-card.

Do you guys think that it is a fucked up idea and do you have any tips on how to use a smartphone in a healthy way?

Thanks a lot!

2. Certainly using accountability software can help as you've seen. Regarding your dumb phone, maybe you can contact your service provider and turn off the ability to text?

Is texting your big issue right now? Sexting?

3. Yes that is the big issue right now. I contacted my service provider today and they told me that they couldn't turn it off for me. I noticed that the iPhone has a "new" feature since the last time i used it, that allows you to manage screen time so for now i have disabled the text messages along with the other apps at night :) The accountability software only track the tuff that I do while using the internet, so sadly it doesn't track regular text messages and calls. However I'm imagining that I will use more internet based services when I got iPhone if that makes sense.