Introduction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by BoB_the_Builder, Apr 13, 2019.

1. BoB_the_Builder

BoB_the_Builder Fapstronaut

(Note, if you cannot stand to read a horribly structured forum post, please skip to the bottom, with the abbreviated list)
    Greetings to all fapstronauts and femstronauts, right now I'm feeling rather low, so no jokes or anything for the introduction. I'll get straight to my past experiences and bad times.
    I started masturbating about 5 years ago, I felt like an absolute genius when I first discovered it, thinking it was my own "secret method of self-pleasure", the already powerful pleasure(again, not worth the guilt and powerless felt after), paired with my excessive free time greatly cultivated my unhealthy fapping lifestyle, but I wasn't worried at all, as I thought of it to be just another body function, like sneezing(which kinda feels good too), I always thought I could stop whenever I wanted, and that I was the one in control of what I did, but how wrong I was ... I masturbated 2-3 times a day, sometimes consecutively without any rest in between, of course I felt drained after, but I thought that was just from my lack of sleep (10 hours, and I still thought I was lacking), with time, this began to feel normal, I thought that feeling powerless and depressed was normal, and that was how life used to feel in the past, this carried on for about 4 years (but I did masturbate less, in high school I masturbated about 5 times a week). I discovered NoFap about 1 year ago, I knew at that point that I had a problem, looking at incest and abusive videos every day just didn't seem normal, I had a few friends, but I never stood out within the bunch, always a bit clumsy and awkward, and "just another guy", nobody hated me, but nobody really liked me all that much either, and I hated that. It didn't take a Sherlock to link my lack of social skills to fapping, I realized that it was probably PMO holding me back. I searched up stuff on fapping, Nofap on Reddit came up, I read some of the posts, cringed at how "forced" some of the posts felt, and I saw the classic free karma format "I wanted to fap today, but instead I ..." posts, those posts made me quite annoyed, if not somewhat disgusted, and that drove me away from using NoFap. I tried to get rid of the habit myself, but I'd fail within 3 days every time, and I'd always convince myself that it was only 3 days, I could build that streak up in no time again, that repeated for about 100 times, till now the highest I ever achieved was 4 days, absolutely pitiful...
    Now that I read this post, I realize my formatting is all messed up, I'm supposed to be good at writing essays. Anyway, a brief intro of myself: highschooler; pretty good at some sports, horrible at others; top grades in my school currently, although in order to fulfill the goals I have for myself, I still need to step my game up, I'm still surpassed by many other people I know; I'm kinda smart, at least not dumb, I'm really competitive too, although I can't put either of these to use due to my HORRIBLE self-control(both time-wise and ... PMO-wise); I've had many meaningful relationships, although never with the people I wanted to have them with (not necessarily girlfriends, but also friends); I do currently have a promising future, but I think if I go on this way, I'm only going to start going downhill, I don't want to be a masturbating beggar;
    Unlike most, I've never had a 'big event' to slap me out of it, it's more of a "stuck inside a bubble" feel, like my future is waiting for me outside of the bubble, while I just lie in the bubble, not trying to break out, and waiting to suffocate.
    OK, So now I've had enough of that bull, I want to chop my bloody meat scepter and hands off so that I can actually focus on my future and fix my life, and I hope NoFap could help me with that ...

Abbreviated List:
    Name: I'm currently not comfortable exposing that.

Race: No

Drive for NoFap:
    *To improve my self-control(linked to my time-management and academics).
    *To improve my social skills(there's this girl that I fancy, and I want to be the best me for her)
    *To get my every-day-energy back, to not feel tired every day, and thus improve my sports performance.
    *I'm very self-aware, especially my hair, I don't want to go bald before reaching my 70s.

Goal:
    -Short term: 7 days, although I will try to go on as long as possible after that.
    -Long term: Get rid of this filth, never doing this again, not under any occasion.

Conclusion: damn this post is really poorly written and structured, really sorry for that ... I'm too tired to write a new one, sorry again. I would appreciate if all you amazing people could give me some honest and specific advice and tips to make my journey less bumpy.

2. BoB_the_Builder

and I'm sorry if I offended some people when I explicitly stated my opinion regarding the reddit posts, honestly just my opinion, I love the positivity that's shown on reddit...but some of it...it's just, feels a bit fake and forced. Another thing, I know that my username is very dumb, honestly just want to get started on Nofap as soon as possible... I guess you could say that I'm trying to be like bob, since he can fix everything I'm hoping he could fix my life.

3. iLoveRain

iLoveRain Fapstronaut

Good luck Bobby man ,time to build yourself now.

4. BoB_the_Builder

Thanks, that was a really fast reply, best of luck to you too

iLoveRain likes this.
  5. Hey & Welcome to NoFap Community! :)

You are in the right place for recovery here. We are so glad to have you with us to beat this addiction together.

You can go read some Success Stories in the "Success Stories" section to learn more about the benefits of NoFap , get useful tips and ideas to help you in the reboot.

If you have any question about rebooting, you can ask it in the "Rebooting" section.

And i would recommend you to make your own journal in the "Reboot logs" corresponding to your gender & age to track your everyday progress.

Best of luck to you in your journey!

+Here's a post where you can find many important information that will help you in the reboot, Check it out:
    https://nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/in-case-you-didnt-know.84619

-The Winner

BoB_the_Builder likes this.