1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction: snowman_pj (Day 100)

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by snowman_pj, Sep 11, 2016.

1. snowman_pj

snowman_pj Fapstronaut

Introduction
    It's day 100 something no pmo. The last couple of months were really a struggle, this being my 7th or 8th attempt over the past year. However, overall I just feel more manly if that makes any sense. Feeling what I feel on a day-to-day basis now fills me with loads of regret for not starting this sooner. I thank everyone on this forum for your all that you have shared. I will try to journal every 10 days of so, including experiences, tools, failures and other habits that I plan to take on, on this journey of mine.

History
    Started pmo at age 14 and I'm currently 24. I fapped whenever I was bored, and just after finishing university and was not unable to secure the job I wanted (a.k.a as waiting around), my pmo habit was really taking a huge toll on my self-esteem. I felt super down. I was always social but I lacked any comfortability with most girls especially if they were attractive, coming across as a dick most of the time (and not the attractive kind, but the weird kind)

Day 100 No pmo
    I feel good. I have unconsciously destroyed so many relationships that have been pulling me down. I've always been the "socially nice guy" but now I just prefer being on my own. I live with a sibling and she is loving and responsible. I feel more like a man now and I feel like I just don't care about certain things anymore.

Day 1 No video
    This is going to be super hard. I usually spend a couple hours on Youtube each day. Boredom awaits.
    Day 1 Meditating 1 hour upon waking
    I've meditated for years but not in any consistent way. I've also had times in my life where I meditated long hours each day. This will be a good foundation.

Thank you again. I hope my sharing helps.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

A lot of us find that sharing does help. Let me know if I can do anything.

snowman_pj likes this.
  3. snowman_pj

snowman_pj Fapstronaut

Day 109
    >Day 1 No video and Day 1 hourly daily meditations failed super badly. I have some other habits going for me. Will share them soon.
    >No pmo is challenging but achievable for the time being.
    >TIP: Also do No sexy content and No sexual fantasising. For me it's like the scout or the last line of defence before I know I should stay away from the laptop or take a nap or a walk if it's a sunny day. It's super true that if you stand on the edge of no pmo with your urges roaring IT WILL GET THE BEST OF YOU! Be careful. Even if you fail them :D just call it an unsuccessful habit streak, but that would keep no pmo away from risk. Then keep adding the layers once successful for a month or so (e.g. no talking about sexually explicit content/ talking about women in a very aggressive way). Just flag posts to warn you that you're going down the wrong route.
    >Hey Septimus! Thanks for the share and the comment! All the best!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016