1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Insert a spiritual teaching or quote

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Also is that a lion or a leopard?

Where did you get that? What does it mean?

2. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Going to workout. I'll try to do my elementary deep dive unless Gordie gets to it first.

modern milarepa likes this.
  3. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Well, it's like, the serpent doesn't only lie sometimes he also deceives, and there's a slight difference. In the book of Genesis, for example, the snake tells Eve that if she eats the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, he will "become like the gods." He lies in saying they won't die (because God condemns Adam and Eve with death-- so the story goes) but it gives Adam and Eve the power to judge morality, which immediately separates them from the world of animalia. That story always fascinates me, because the serpent appears almost wise and evil at once.
    Hahaha I'm not a symbology expert and I've read Revelations (recently, actually) but it's very, very dense work and went over my head. You probably know more than I do. I know that the image in Revelations is that the Beast "[rises] up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy." @modern milarepa

4. modern milarepa

Yeah that looks more like a demon, I was going to say that. But refrained haha

5. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

intro workout post

Rev is a seriously complex piece of works.

Americans love rev.

T. American. - It's prevalent everywhere, but mostly everyone misunderstands it.

My dad who is a luciferian occultist, claims that it only be understood through esoterism and mysticism.

I don't know how I feel about that, because I'm very theologically opposed to some of his beliefs.

I know in orthodoxy rev is not read in church.

gordie likes this.
  6. modern milarepa

For real? What is that, some type of satanic church school?

7. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Not satanic traditionally.

They believe the angel lucifer is like prometheus in that he gave knowledge to humanity.

They worship man instead of god

My dad thinks satanists especially the california kind are degenerate and evil

Inb4 someone tells me Im wrong
    Heres my response: Okay

8. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Lucifer is a liberator instead of evil

9. modern milarepa

As long as he doesn't sacrifice bunnies (meaning his own son) for awakening his kundartiguador energy.

The kundartiguador is the path of the dark tantra it's about creating not a snake going upward but downward your spine to transmute energy this is where the tail of the demons appear according to Satanism or gnosis.

organo-kundartiguador.jpg

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  10. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

His isnt abraham dont worry

11. modern milarepa

Californication

12. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

@modern milarepa to directly answer your question, my favorite teaching is from The Sermon on the Mount, but it's too long to post here. The teaching is here though: https://www.enterthebible.org/Contr...sourcebox.aspx?selected_rid=783&original_id=2

Different quotes hit me at different times. I first was introduced to it by a Russian novelist I admired a lot, Leo Tolstoy. While I was reading his books there was an increasing religiosity and I began reading the works near the end of his life, which weren't novels at all but were non-fiction works on Christian scripture, particularly The Gospel in Brief and The Kingdom of God is Within You.

I don't recommend these now to people because they gave me a very incomplete view of Christianity, but for someone that was functionally agnostic they opened my eyes immensely.

BugsBunny555 and modern milarepa like this.
  13. modern milarepa

At least you are 555 and not 666
    L-433088-1458155677-1306.jpeg.jpg

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  14. "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it."

Romans 7:15-20. One of the most powerful quotes an addict can know imho.

gordie and modern milarepa like this.
  15. modern milarepa

Give us a teaching or quote from that

16. "Sages do not grieve for the living nor the dead. Never did I not exist, nor you, nor these rulers of men; nor will any one of us ever hereafter cease to be." - Bhagavadgita

"When the restless activity of your mind slows down, when your thoughts stop rushing like waves on a windy day, then you will start getting glimpses of the sweet taste of inner peace." - Remez Sasson

17. modern milarepa

Krsna said that? It sounds like him.
    Great quote

18. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I pretty much agree with the text, but perhaps how I understand the text differs from how you understand the text.

Really good text indeed, specially the parts about illumination, not being a goal, being something that it's already there etc.

But I will get to the point, I do assume, please correct me if I'm wrong, that you see sarcasm itself as a mask, a ungenuine way of expression, not sincere as you said.

I simply disagree with that understanding of what sarcasm is, if anything I would be more inclined to give some credit to the previous perception of it that you also mentioned on other threads, as being used as coping mechanism, although I not entirely agree with that either.

Also you cannot just simplify sarcasm, as there are many ways of using it, and why you express yourself in such a way.

To me sarcasm is just a way of natural expression, is sincere, and I would rather be sarcastic, than be aggresive or offensive, as the other individual have their reasons for be as he is, and express himself as he does, and I'm no better, so instead of being irritated, I quite literally just as the part says, see the amusing side of it and treat it with irony.

And in many cases, is even a way of being or perceiving things I might have done myself in the past.

Whenever you just feel instead of using the intellect, regardless of the purpose of it's use, suddenly nothing has a meaning, because meaning turns the lack of meaning, pieces become a whole, and meditating is not even a concept as you just exist.

From that standpoint, the rest is just many different reflections on mirrors, many different ways of conducting ourselves while interacting on a human to human level.

And well, from my perspective, sarcasm is a healthy thing to do, if it comes from sincerity and from a good intention, and not from resentment or a bad intention.

But that's just my take on it of course.

19. modern milarepa

Like this it can be good I agree.
    But most of the times I see sarcasm as disruptive and from a place of negative emotions. It could be used like as you just said. But I haven't seen it.

20. Kung_fu_panda_

Kung_fu_panda_ Fapstronaut

यदा यदा हि धर्मस्य ग्लानिर्भवति भारत।
    अभ्युत्थानमधर्मस्य तदात्मानं सृजाम्यहम् ॥४-७॥

परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
    धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे ॥४-८॥