1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

In my heart

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Pathmaker, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Pathmaker

Pathmaker Fapstronaut

it really feels like a battle between my sould and my body desires, as the bible says, i must leave in the spirit and not the flesh, im just not working hard enough

you know how they say work smarter not harder? what would be the smart way here?

White Sheep likes this.
  2. Orphan

Orphan Fapstronaut

Welcome. Glad you are here.

Take some time to read the reboot material (available here => http://www.nofap.com/getting-started) and come up with a plan for what you will do when you are faced with urges. It has good advice, so don't skip it! :)

Perhaps start writing a journal - if you feel comfortable telling people about happened and what's going on now, you will start to feel accountable to them. You may even inspire others. It's a nice feeling! This will help your recovery.

Also, try to add something into your life that makes you the kind of person who doesn't engage in PMO. Think about doing:
    • Something you enjoy
    • Something you're good at
    • Something important
    • Something for somebody else, without thought of reward (and if you DO get an unintended reward, do something ELSE, perhaps for a different person or group).
    Read the journals of others - we all learn from each other. Don't just stay within your own age group or part of the world. Share your knowledge in a respectful way.

This is a great post about what kind of things could help you during your reboot.
    https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/time-to-be-done-with-this.140257/page-25#post-1442099

This is a fantastic way to explain what you'll be feeling during your reboot.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/club-dopamine.101129/

Read, learn, apply.

Look around the forums, get to know people. Everyone is friendly, and will try to support you. We're all in the same boat here. :)

Be kind to others and others will be kind to you, both here and IRL. And remember, it's not a challenge - it's a lifestyle change.

I wish you a successful reboot.

~Orf

White Sheep likes this.
  3. Redem7

Redem7 New Fapstronaut

I also a follower of Christ but my lusting and addiction have gotten in the way but I’ll keep trying as Christ forgives all that come to him

White Sheep likes this.
  4. Pathmaker

Pathmaker Fapstronaut

we all sinners

man.

White Sheep likes this.
  5. Redem7

Redem7 New Fapstronaut

To answer your question there really isn’t a smart way to go or a cheat/hack or even exploit to quit you just have to keep trying doesn’t matter if you lust yesterday or even today all that matters is that you are moving forward maybe a centimeter or even a millimeter some days you might feel like you’ve fallen back but you mustn’t give up and sure we are sinners but through Christ all thing are possible have faith in your self but Christ too.