1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Improving myself everyday!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Snelle, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Hey all,

A little bit about me:
    I've been doing pmo since the age of 11/12 years old.
    I felt really bad, sad and tired many times of my life. I was a really lazy person because I was bored a lot.
    I used to fap during the mornings when I woke up and when I was bored. After the fapping I was just chilling, sleeping or scrolling through my phone all the time. I have wasted so much time.

What I've achieved already:
    - Facing that I am trying to drink away my problems with alcohol and partying
    - Drink less alcohol: I need to be in control and not the alcohol

-
    Exercise more: I've bought a bike and cycle almost daily (30 mins+) when I go to school or work.
    - Spend less time on my phone. I am addicted to it.
    - Improved my studying
    - Interact more with people when I'm around them instead of grabbing my phone
    - Face problems and solve them instead of avoiding them
    - Go to the gym and build some muscle. I really wanted this for a long time, I just don't know how/where to start
    - Eat healthier and spend more time on cooking/mail prep.
    - Be able to cry whenever I feel like it

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
  2. Best advice is can give is just do it bro, i am in Japan right now and i want to learn the language but i keep putting it off, you just have to jump into what you want, do it a little at a time every day and eventually things will pick up.

Snelle likes this.
  3. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Great keep it up

Snelle likes this.
  4. Thank you very much!

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. I'm currently spending less time on my phone! That's an awesome thing. I do more productive things like studying.
    I'm actually enjoying studying. If I fail I don't feel like I can't do it, but more motivated to keep going until I succeed! I will not give up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  6. I'm facing problems and solve them instead of avoiding them.
    Finally started going to a therapist and get some help. Feeling much better!
    Also I bought a smartwatch to keep track of my exercising. I try to make small steps and exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
    The gym will come when I'm ready for it. First I need to work on other things.

7. Submariner

Submariner Fapstronaut

That's great! Some extra help is always good.

Also a smart thing to do. Don't push yourself too far, but take small steps at the time. May I ask if you know why you don't feel ready just yet? Just curious, this is no critism!

8. I think it’s better to change my diet first. Right now I just eat whatever I feel like. Most of the time I eat easy/quick food and not eat enough calories during the day.

I will not see huge results from the gym if I don’t change my diet. So I need to find some easy, small steps to start changing my diet and improve my cooking skills.

If you have any tips how to start the gym, please let me know!

Thanks bro.

9. blunt.ever

blunt.ever Fapstronaut

I want to fuck a girl, but I'm in flatline.

10. Keep up the good work.

Here are the things that needs a change in my life:
    • My sedentary lifestyle because I've been spending too much time alone at home and hardly going out. There's a park downstairs at my apartment building so I might as well go down there to exercise
    • Spending lesser time with technology like my phone and computer because it's been making me sleep very late at night. The urge to check the latest trends on social media is as powerful as an PMO urge. Starting from tomorrow, I'm performing a 30-day digital declutter where I quit technologies I considered optional for 30 days. It's gonna be as tough as NoFap but it will yield many benefiting results.
    • Spending more time hanging out with my friends and families; talk more because I'm very introverted. Sometimes I feel lonely whenever I hang out with my friends because all they do is playing with their phones and it made me feel like I'm an extra
    • Eating more fruits and veggies; lesser sugar. I'm not really a meat eater just saying but I realized I've been eating to much junkies such as ice-cream and french fries.
    • Journal more often since I hardly ever write an entry in my journal book. I only journal whenever I had a mental breakdown such as after a relapse
    Small habits that will help me to reach these goals:
    • Whenever I feel bored or lonely at home, I will go out for a long walk. Best is without my phone.
    • Since I have school from 9 to 1 PM every Wednesday and Friday, I will go for a run at my park downstairs when I reach home.
    • Replace my mindless internet surfing with higher quality leisure activities. For me, it's reading, cooking, playing musical instruments, joining a local bookclub and band, hanging a long deep conversation with someone.
    • Whenever I have a meal, I will buy a fruit from the fruit stall such as bananas, blueberries, watermelons, etc.
    • At the end of every week such as Friday, I will sit down at the public library and write my weekly reflection in my journal book.
    • Setting a time limit for my screentime to 11 PM because I typically sleep around past midnight like 1 to even 4 am. During my bedtime, I will take a cold shower and read a book which is more productive than mindlessly surfing the web or playing video games.

Coffee Candy, Snelle and Espi1971 like this.
  11. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

You're on the right track my friend. Diet is huge. I hope you get it figured out.

Best advice I can think of to get started in the gym: Just do it.

I like to train with weights and cardio 4-5xs a week. I start with pushups then I hit weights. Then I get on the Stairclimber. Then I finish my workout with more pushups.

Wishing you peace and strength as you embark on your path. Keep up the good work :)

Snelle likes this.
  12. Zain_Abid4744

Zain_Abid4744 New Fapstronaut

That's the great achievement.
    Now your next step should be to delete your social media accounts that are not in your use, one by one coz these accounts are the way through with we waste hours and hours. You've already one step ahead, now please start doing this step..... It was like get rid of from the root.
    الحمدُ اللہ I'm also on the same track...
    Anyways keep it up... Do something productive and enjoy healthy life.

13. Hit the gym on monday and friday with a mate. Great beginning. Also I'm watching my food and I'm eating healthier. It's work in progress, but I eat healthier, exercise more and I'm feeling really good!

Will go again after the weekend!

14. Thanks bro! <3

15. Today I'm 2 months on NoFap. Woo!! :)

This is my third week going to the gym and nothing is going to stop me from going there at least 4 times a week.
    Last week I went with a bro of me and on monday, but he couldn't join me today, so I went on my own.
    It motivated me extra in the beginning to have a gymmate.

I also buy groceries twice a week and keep track of my proteins, carbs and fats that I eat everyday via an app.
    It's work in progress and I'm really proud of myself.

I quit going to the therapist. If I ever need it again, I can come back.
    I've talked with her about how I've changed in a positive way and it was great. She was really surprised.
    It was a totally different me compared to a few months ago.

I'm ready to grow more. Gonna start my bachelor study in september again and I will kick it.
    Always felt like I couldn't do it. Now I feel like I can do anything and nothing is going to stop me!

<3

Deleted Account and Espi1971 like this.
  16. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey man, I am really happy for you! This thread is evidence that the NoFap challenge involves much more than not doing something. You have grabbed your life by the balls and you are finding joy in living with a purpose. That is truly awesome!

Deleted Account, Espi1971 and Snelle like this.
  17. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Nice work! Thank you for sharing your progress. I love how determined you are to get in the gym.

Keep it up my friend :)

Snelle likes this.