1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT CALL: 9 Month Novena!

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Just incase anyone did not know ( I only just found out) Cardinal Burke is making a world wide call to prayer and with a 9 month novena starting on the 12th March to Our Lady culminating in a consecration to Our Lady of Guadalupe on the 12 December. I just signed up.

I am currently doing the 33 day consecration to Jesus through Mary, I am on day 8. I will be consecrating on the Feast of the Annunciation at a very special Shrine of the Mary and the Annunciation. It seems like the rest of the year is going to be very Marian :emoji_relaxed:

Enzo️, Stommy, Mara43 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Where can we do it?
    Wow, congrats!!

3. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Mara43 likes this.
  4. Thanks!

born3 likes this.
  5. Really THANKS for sharing this! I read the invitation at the webpage and signed up too.
    I believe it's important that as many people as possible join this initiative.

I quote the text below:

In a world grappling with great disease, a war rages on in Europe. After years of truce, a new invasion of Palestine threatens to unsettle the Middle East. Theological debates are politicized and lead millions of believers to abandon the faith.

A bishop writes: unless the hand of God intervenes directly, all will be lost.

The year is 1531.

On the outskirts of Mexico City, the Virgin Mary appears to a simple indigenous man and makes a humble request.

A continent is converted and the course of history is changed forever.

YOU ARE PART OF THE STORY.

It was during an age much like our own when Our Lady first appeared to Saint Juan Diego some 500 years ago. Again, we are contending with disease, war, and deep spiritual confusion. Again, many poor souls are tempted to fear that all hope is lost.

But Our Lord has not called us to fear. No matter the darkness of our age, men and women of faith are not without the truth and love of Christ, nor the faithful care of His mother. Through Saint Juan Diego’s humble and courageous cooperation with grace, Our Lady's intercession transformed the world and brought millions of souls to Christ. It is this same maternal care and protection that we seek today—a care and protection that she will grant us, should we earnestly ask for it.

Our Lady has not forgotten her children: her care for us is as strong today as it was 500 years ago.
    There is real, miraculous, and transformative peace in the protection of Mary’s Mantle. To this end, Cardinal Burke is calling upon all Catholics to join him in a significant Novena seeking Our Lady’s intercession. Those who sign up to accompany the Cardinal in this urgent effort can expect short video reflections from His Eminence each month, in addition to regular written reflections and prayers.

THE MIRACLE IS STILL HAPPENING.

When Juan Diego opened his tilma and roses poured out, a miracle was set into motion. The miracle continues with our participation in this historic prayer event to Our Lady. Join the world in prayer.

Daily Prayer
    Beginning March 12, we will pray daily for Our Lady's intercession. Cardinal Burke has composed a prayer specifically for this Novena.

Today is March 20, but I think it's not an impediment to join!

Enzo️ and born3 like this.
  6. Prayer
    OF THE NINE-MONTH NOVENA TO OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE

To be prayed daily throughout the nine-month novena from March 12 to December 12, 2024.

‍O Virgin Mother of God, we fly to your protection and beg your intercession against the darkness and sin which ever more envelop the world and menace the Church. Your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, gave you to us as our mother as He died on the Cross for our salvation. So too, in 1531, when darkness and sin beset us, He sent you, as Our Lady of Guadalupe, on Tepeyac to lead us to Him Who alone is our light and our salvation.

Through your apparitions on Tepeyac and your abiding presence with us on the miraculous mantle of your messenger, Saint Juan Diego, millions of souls converted to faith in your Divine Son. Through this novena and our consecration to you, we humbly implore your intercession for our daily conversion of life to Him and the conversion of millions more who do not yet believe in Him. In our homes and in our nation, lead us to Him Who alone wins the victory over sin and darkness in us and in the world.

Unite our hearts to your Immaculate Heart so that they may find their true and lasting home in the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Ever guide us along the pilgrimage of life to our eternal home with Him. So may our hearts, one with yours, always trust in God's promise of salvation, in His never-failing mercy toward all who turn to Him with a humble and contrite heart. Through this novena and our consecration to you, O Virgin of Guadalupe, lead all souls in America and throughout the world to your Divine Son in Whose name we pray. Amen.

Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke

Toni7, Ghost️ and born3 like this.
  7. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Hi @Mara43 thanks for doing this. I some how missed this when you posted it. I would also recommend that people watch this It is really amazing. Pray for us o holy mother of God.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    Enzo️ and Mara43 like this.
  8. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Like Mara said in another post it if you missed the start date don't worry just join in from here.

Enzo️ and Mara43 like this.