1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm mentally exhausted from flashbacks... was all those moments a relapse?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by saddist_adult, May 19, 2023.

1. saddist_adult

saddist_adult Fapstronaut

I bet after you read you go "wtf" anyways fk this life.....
    I noticed i will take a glimpse of people's private parts literally both gender... it was worsened early stage of recovering from my PMO... but now it is 90% gone but... i still took a glimpse sometimes out of anxiety... it's not like I'm jerking off to it...

also another case about a couple of weeks ago i caught off my guard... i was looking at a girl that her pussy print came out in yoga pants... i saw it... i wasn't sure how long i saw it... also whether it was intentional... Thinking about it now makes my anxiety absolutely crazy... I was doing just fine for about a couple of days... now everything took a turn again... even though i did not jerk off to any of these incidents... but the fucking anxiety is killing me... please help me... was it a relapse?

Spontifex likes this.
  2. Was it a relapse? Depends on what your bottom line is. But anyway ... good is you notice. Now that you notice you can work with it. Whenever you catch yourself looking down there look up and into their eyes or face. Bring your attention to their humaness or you focus on your breathing. Should you catch yourself again looking down there ... again move your eyes away from there and up. Be gentle with yourself but consequent. Btw ... I can relate to that ;)

saddist_adult likes this.
  3. saddist_adult

I'm actually already reduced that behavior like almost gone completely... All these incidents are flashbacks... I'm fucking hate myself so much at this point... If i have to reset everything then i do not know what else am i suppose to do...

Spontifex likes this.
  4. Recovery is not a linear process. It is not that we go from A to Z. We start then move on then it is a step back maybe then a few forward. Then it looks we're done with it. Then there is a trigger that hits some limbic button and we're back in a zone we don't want to be. I'd say our job is to stay on our toes and catch the triggers.
    There's a quote from Victor Frankl: "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

It can be annoying and frustrating to fall back, have flashbacks. And it is great you do not just let it happen again but get angry and want it to be over. Just try not to hate yourself for it. Talk to that behavior like a wise and firm man would talk to a boy who did something not so appropriate.

Eternal_14 likes this.
  5. saddist_adult

Were you also experience looking at people private parts too during reboot? Please tell me I'm not alone...

Spontifex likes this.
  6. You are def. not alone @saddist_adult :) And I am sure there are some more here who know what it's like. We do funny stuff when hooked. Or rather our limbic part of the brain which is way faster operating than the prefrontal cortex where reason is located. The youngest part of our brain.

7. I predict the OP will create another thread just like this in the next couple of days…maybe weeks, if we’re lucky.

You people really need to look up a persons thread creation history before replying.

No amount of good advice is going to stop him from his obsessive mentality.

8. saddist_adult

please I'm trying to heal from triggered... Y'all help me so far... From previous posts isn't something I'm joking about or it was meaningless posts... It's a solution to help me move forward and it's actually does help me so much, that i could not find word to describe... I'm just incredibly upset that you warn everyone's like I'm sort of disease... I'm sorry if you don't like what I'm posting please block me... I just wanna get help man...

Eternal_14 likes this.
  9. saddist_adult

I'm really glad... I'm not alone since i felt going crazy from this

Spontifex likes this.
  10. Yes @saddist_adult, do not get frustrated should it happen again. Just notice, pause, look up ;). Notice, look up. If your eyes wander ... get them back under your control and focus up ... Break the bad habit and build a new healthy one and enjoy life meanwhile.

11. onceAgain

onceAgain Fapstronaut

i wouldn't say that is entirely true. people with obcessive mentality are usually very dissatisfied unfulfilled potentially borderline and changes in various life experiences make a difference