1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm having a problem with ogling bra less women lately.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Aug 30, 2018.

1. I don't know. I just think/hope that it will stop eventually. I already noticed during my last streak that at one point I just cared less about pretty women around me. I'm just really not a fan of suppressing things like that to much because I think in the long-run it only makes things worse.

2. That's what they say but it's not true. It's more of a 'the more you scratch the more you itch' kind of deal. After a couple months of willfully not ogling/staring I found it was easy, not hard to do. Didn't take long not to be triggered by attractive legs like I was at first. I'm an artist, so I've even seen nude photos studies many times without being triggered or physically aroused. I'm still perfectly capable of liking female bodies but I'm not IMMEDIATELY triggered anymore, I don't turn into a salivating animal at the first hint of something erotic. I have more control. This addiction is hard, you have to be willing to do what other people are not willing to do if you want to have any hope of quitting.

Trappist likes this.
  3. I know what you mean but through meditation I have learned that there is no sense in suppressing certain things. Of course I'm not trying to say that I'm willfully staring at every attrative woman passing by. It's just that I don't want to run around telling myself that I can under no circumstances look. If it still happens I try to catch myself and go back to whatever I was doing.
    But I think we actually both mean the same anyway.

4. Yeah, you can't FORCE an urge out of your mind, you just have to let it pass. And obviously if looking at girls in real life is not a trigger for you then you can go ahead if you want. But I think a period of no-arousal is good for the early reboot.

Imo, it's like this:
    Your mind is like a log cabin and urges are like a monster banging at the door. If you go shout at it to go away, it'll only try harder to get in. If you let it in (succumb to the urge), it'll eat you, because you can't kill it. Instead, you have to just let it do its thing without responding to it. Gradually, its visits will become less frequent, until finally it gives up and goes away.

I meditate too, very extensively, sometimes hours a day.

Jennica likes this.
  5. Yeah, that's basically what I'm doing. When the urge is there I notice it and try to continue with whatever I'm doing. I just don't try to lock it away or force myself to block the thought.
    I'm actually doing something similar at the moment. I try to be absent from flirting, smiling at girls etc. for 30 days.