If you won the lottery

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 6, 2018.

1. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Why money lend when you can just buy the properties yourself?

2. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

This is fun talk my family does all the time.

If I won big money lottery I'd take a trip to space, think about it folks a one time experience with 0G, you wont experience that with boots on the ground.

Aside from that I'd invest the rest of the money, no fancy cars, but I'd probably buy a good motorhome, a ton of garages across europe so I can travel more and some stocks in specific places and a few homes, after that nomad life for me.

3. A house by the lake and some forest. Also a good jeep or something aand... Healthy food and basic clothing. I guess that's that. Yeah, for sure I would give money to my parents too.

TheGreatTiger likes this.
  4. Karl47

Karl47 Fapstronaut

This would be an ideal development as I had to work hard to be successful. And winning the lottery is too easy. I believe that this would be a straightforward development of the event, I would invest in business development, but since I didn’t do it, I decided to take the situation into my own hands and pledged the car to get enough money to open it, the guys from this site https://compacom.com/title-loans/missouri helped me and they were like this very lottery for me.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  5. TheGreatTiger

TheGreatTiger Fapstronaut

How I'd invest my Money

I would put it all in a low cost S & P 500 index fund. The reason an index fund is because there have been many studies showing that in the long run no mutual fund or hedge fund has been able to outperform an index fund after costs are subtracted. Even when looking at famous investors such as Warren Buffet or Ray Ray Dalio, you start to see regression towards the mean in terms of profit over the long run. There are many reasons for this, one is that the market is always becoming more efficient so strategies that worked in the past will eventually stop working. Another is that strategies that allow for quicker growth over a few decades often do not have evenly distributed probabilistic outcomes are are more likely to wiped out or worse by black swan events.

The reason S & P 500 index fund and not a low cap or medium cap index fund is because larger companies have more money to survive recessions so are lower risk. They are also more likely to get bailed out by governments.

The reason I wouldn't put any into the bond market is because bonds are not guaranteed to keep up with inflation and in a hyperinflation scenario could loose a huge amount.

I wouldn't try to swing trade or move my money around because all of those create tax events that would be calculated based on government currency which is always decreasing in value because of inflation. So if I moved the money around, and even if there wasn't a huge gain over a ten year period it would be calculated as a large gain because the calculation was based a deflated unit of government currency and I'd have to pay a large amount in taxes.

How I'd spend my money

If I had enough money to survive on the growth/dividends, then after survival costs are subtracted I'd let 50% of the growth compound on itself and continue to grow. The other 50% I would spend.

I would conduct experiments with the rest of the money. Areas of interest are Time Travel, Hypnosis, Belief formation/False memories, Mass Media Manipulation, various occult technologies (I'd do solid tests to see if anything is real and practical), and perhaps... getting a girlfriend. The sort of experiments I'd like to do require time and money.

6. subway14

subway14 Fapstronaut

not that easy atm lol

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020