1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to quit

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Rogier, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Rogier

Rogier Fapstronaut

I have been doing PMO for about 3.5 years now and I have been trying to quit for about 1.5 years. I want to quit not only because i am a Christian, but also because I have heard a lot of positive stories from people who quitted. I always do PMO when I lay in bed and i really do not know how to stop that

2. Micheal skolfield

Micheal skolfield Fapstronaut

Hey hi rogier.. You are one step closer to get rid of your habit.. You need to keep yourself busy from those thoughts and fantasies. Try to keep short term goals n achieve them.. And give yourself a treat.. And if you have urge to fantasize or fap do some push ups or stay away from electronic devices or have cold shower.. I hope you will get rid of your habit. Stay healthy.

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your currentstrategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. Rogier

Rogier Fapstronaut

I am coming here daily for advice and encouragement and from now on I will do pushups everytime i lay in bed and feel the need for PMO. Reading the bible also helps me a lot

D . J . likes this.
  5. Uphillfighter22

Uphillfighter22 Fapstronaut

My best advice to you as someone whos been in this hole for 21 years is to start now. You're only 3.5 years in. I never considered myself addicted but after 21 years, my life has been thoroughly affected.

Start now, start slow if you need to but start now. I've been on and off for the past 10 years but I'm looking for more permanent healing now.

6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

I would suggest joining the group Christian Fapstronauts who will encourage you through prayer and scripture.

Creating a journal will allow us to follow you along your journey. To do so, go to the Reboot Logs, find your age group and begin athread, which is your journal. Copy/ paste a link here so that wecan encourage you along your journey.