1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I took my first cold shower

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sovereign Elder, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Sovereign Elder

Sovereign Elder Fapstronaut

I took my first cold shower and I immeidiety felt like leaving the shower after 10 seconds becuase it was cold! but I push through. After I left the shower it felt good so I went again for round 2, the second time it didn’t felt cold at all

Randy, Jal Say and u376 like this.
  2. Sovereign Elder

Sovereign Elder Fapstronaut

If you understand what I wrote congratulations

GeeJ, Jal Say and BravelyKegger like this.
  3. good job!, it gets easier trust me, it will always be cold but the jolting shivers you get at first will go away.

CH3RRY likes this.
  4. Jal Say

Jal Say Fapstronaut

Nice! :)

Practice that I did when I first started doing cold showers 1 and 1/2 years ago was to visualize the cold as a warming blanket or hug which makes me warm and healthier.

Also I recommend to look into Wim Hof, he is named the ice man and has over 26 world records on withstanding extreme temperature. You can find helping practice on Ytb.

Also, try to not think about cold being cold, might sound funny but If you just feel without the negative concept of being cold, it will be easier and more enjoyable.

Something you could also do is to first shower hot and the last minute full cold.

When I started smth I also did was to always turn the knob down by 2-3 degrees and get used to it until I do the same again. Slowly but surely it will be easy for you to start the coldshower, btw. Cold baths are also great :)

Hope that I could help you,
    Be strong