I think I may be addicted to NoFap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Chavin1811, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Chavin1811

Chavin1811 Fapstronaut

I have been on this website for seven hours. I've thought of going on this website maybe once every six days or so before I started a journal today. I thought that might have been a good segway to leave but I'm addicted. My hypothesis is that these forums may be some sort of replacement for my PMO addiction but now its kinda distracting me from college work. Any thoughts?

rheinpfalz and obelisk90 like this.
  2. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

It happens the same to me, that's why i put a specific hour of the day for this site, then no more.

3. morp

morp Fapstronaut

Not the best thing to be lurking on here for that long but I get it, it's nice to find a community of people who are on the same journey.

4. obelisk90

obelisk90 New Fapstronaut

just another form of social media

rheinpfalz likes this.
  5. LostSon41

LostSon41 Fapstronaut

If this place is a problem you should either start a paper journal or find a way to limit this site completely until a certain time of day.

6. I 100% agree. In fact, I believe Nofap itself is really one big distraction, designed to distract people from their addiction by applying generic self-help advice spread around by the sight.

Sure, you get a slight dopamine rush when you get a new alert, but so many people - including my Accountability Partners - go awol shortly after arriving. Sometimes interesting conversations pop up, but it's slowly peetering out...

For me, the goal is to find satisfying activities outside of the internet as a whole, because over the years, I've found that the internet is becoming the same way. You grow apart from some people you like speaking to, forums and other sites lose their momentum, and then finally you start thinking "What on Earth am I doing here?"

The internet is just becoming boring to me these days, or maybe my brain is desperately trying to fill the PMO void with something else.