1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I self sabatoge and I can’t stop

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by superstorm250, Nov 2, 2018.

1. superstorm250

superstorm250 Fapstronaut

ok so my friend invited me over for Halloween last night and he wanted me to bring over an inflatable haunted castle that I have so that we could set it up and hand out candy in it. About 2 hours before I was gonna head over, he tells me that he also invited a girl that he knows from work that he wants to set me up with because we have similar interests and the same political views. I still agree to go over there, but I make sure to have my mask on before I even get to his house and I leave it on the whole time so that she never sees my face and every time I’m left alone with her, its dead silence since I make no effort to try and talk to her and when she tries to talk to me, it dies out pretty quickly. And when my friend is there, the 2 of them just talk to each other and I’m not part of the conversation. I then arrange a rescue call and say that I have to leave to go help my sister because her car broke down in order to have an excuse to leave.

This isn’t the first time I’ve done this, I always subconsciously self sabatoge when it comes to dating and girls because I’ve had a lifelong mindset that no girl will ever want to date me so when this mindset is at threat of being defied, my conscience makes me fuck up so that she won’t be interested. She also mentioned her ex when she was talking to my friend and how they were together for a year before he broke up with her over text, and she also talked to him about social circles and several different parties. I’m 25 and I’ve never had a girlfriend and have only had sex once a few years ago, I basically used these instances to justify my actions because she’s definitely had a lot more sex than I have if she was in a 1 year relationship and I also have no other friends besides the one mentioned in this post. My conscience convinced me that she wouldn’t want to date me anyway once she finds out how inexperienced I am and can’t sexually perform at the level she would probably expect and that she wouldn’t want to date a guy with no social circle of his own, like most girls. I also have PIED so even if none of this did get in the way, I figured that things would fall apart anyway once we got to the bedroom.

2. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

Sounds like you need to find a way to believe in yourself. If you don't believe in yourself no one else ever will.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. superstorm250

superstorm250 Fapstronaut

That’s way easier said than done, especially because I’m so inexperienced for my age and have hardly any friends, like I said in my first post. Those two things combined can make you look like a total social reject, which is off putting to a lot of girls. And the PIED is really discouraging too, what’s the point of dating someone if it’s physically impossible for you to have sex with them?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. AUTiger7222

AUTiger7222 Fapstronaut

Oh I know. I have the worst self esteem in the world. Also, it doesn't matter that your inexperienced. I'm 31 years old and I've had sex with 1 person in my life and it was less than 5 times. So don't worry about that part. If someone really loves you then it's not going to matter. Everyone has to learn at some point. Also, each person is different. What might be pleasing to one woman won't necessarily be pleasing to another. Part of having sex with someone is learning what brings them pleasure. That's why the experience factor doesn't really matter.

As far as the PIED, I honestly don't know how to help you get rid of that problem.

5. Towards Redemption

Towards Redemption Fapstronaut

You have my heartfelt sympathy. Yours is a truly horrible situation to be in and I believe that such anxiety and isolation is something of an epidemic today. I hope that speaking about these issues here gives you some comfort.

You build your confidence by building yourself: your body, your mind, your spirit, your skills and experiences.

By building your spirit I mean coming to peace with being who you are and respecting yourself. I think religion can help, but in absence of it I suggest that you reflect on the fact that you are a product of your biology and your environment, and that ultimately it's not your fault that you are the person you are. And likewise, if you blame other people for your condition, I suggest you forgive them. Resentment for ourselves or others is a heavy burden.

Once you accept yourself, you won't be afraid to take off the mask. That's what I'm trying to do: accept myself for who I am and where I ended up, so that I can let go of bitterness and shame and move forward in a positive way. I believe that the main thing holding me back at the moment is the fact that I still practise habits that reinforce a negative self image, which is why I'm here. We are what we do not what we have done, so focus on doing things that give you pride and reject things that take it away.

6. How long have you gone with total abstinence from PMO?
    People with several months under their belt here often report that many of the symptoms you report disappear.

7. You could go out by yourself somewhere. Talk to strangers, have fun, see what happens.

Or go to a "meetup" group. There are lots of options. Just seek to have a good, fun night out, not "I must find a girlfriend tonight" or whatever.

Or focus on other things. The point is, you have options.

Transcendent and SirErnest like this.